Tax & Accounting Services in Portugal
Leonel graduated with a degree in Accounting (1993) and Economics (1994) and has worked in accounting and finance since then. As well as basic accounting, his considerable experience extends to Financial Analysis & Planning, group reporting, budgeting, profit centre modelling, forecasting, cash management, business development support, auditing, tax & legal compliance, supplier negotiations, KPI control, and business strategy. Leonel speaks English fluently and has Cambridge University Certificates in English (1995) and Advanced English (1996).Cases completed: 37
Testimonials for Leonel
Leonel is absolutely professional, reliable, and friendly. He assisted me online and he was very helpful and patient.
He answered all of my questions and provided me excellent service. I highly recommend him.
Jun 08, 2020
Ricardo , Portugal
After my first communication with Leonel, I was confident that he would be an ideal agent to represent my tax and accounting needs here in Portugal.
What I like about him most and what really stands out is his listening skills, putting me first as a person and not just an accounting book. He comes across very knowledgeable and Professionally attentive to get things sorted without an ulterior motive. What more would one need??
Apr 22, 2020
Oscar Evans, Lisbon
As I don't speak the Portugees I have to say that Leonel have been absolutely exceptional and professional in all areas.
Not only was he adding value to our business he also took a lot of his personal time explaining other things that have helped me and my company. I will highly recommend him to my other business partners who will open accounts in Portugal and for myself on my next ventures.
Everything was a 5-star treatment from Leonel!
Mar 23, 2020
Siamak Maleki, Lisbon
Leonel was very kind, patient and helpful. Even before making sure that we will work together, he spent a lot of time explaining the situation to me.
To improve even more, I think it would be better if you have some kind of links (web link) in which you explain Portuguese law and other useful information to the customers.
Dec 10, 2019
John Vaughan-Jones, Faro
Really appreciated Leonel's advice. He was very clear and helpful, and very efficient in getting back to me.
Aug 01, 2019
Paul Rossi, Faro
I needed an accountant in Portugal. I had many problems to resolve.
Leonel was very quick to assist. He is a very helpful and friendly man who got the job done for me.
I will certainly be recommending Leonel to other non residents in Portugal. Thank you! Paul.
Jul 05, 2019
Jacqueline Barron, England
I am more than happy with the service that Leonel provided to me. He was responsive, helpful and prompt and I am very grateful to him for his help. I would definitely use his accountancy service again. Thanks Leonel!
Jan 08, 2019
Tax & Accounting Services
Who is this Service for?
Anyone undertaking a business activity will require a local tax and accounting service. While you will benefit from not having to worry about whether or not you are compliant with the legal requirements such as VAT returns, Corporation Tax, Income Tax etc. you can also relax in the knowledge that any communications received from the Tax Authority – often impenetrable to locals never mind foreigners – will be managed conveniently and efficiently by your accountant.
What does this service consist of?
- Financial accounting and reporting.
- Accounting for special purposes, preparation of annual accounts.
- Manage communications with the Tax Authorities.
- Complete management of the company’s accounts.
- Administrative support for accounts/ accounting records: Preparation of accounting.
Documents – cash documents, travel orders, inventory control, property records, issuing invoices, internal documents, approval process of documents, printing & copying, sorting and filing of accounting documents).
- VAT returns, Corporation Tax, Income Tax, Non-resident tax, any other tax obligation with any national tax authority: National/Regionals/Local.
- Business address (whether it will be only for correspondence or you will really make your business there).
- Recommendations regarding the most appropriate fiscal arrangements to ensure taxation levels are optimised
- Resolution of tax enquiries related to your activity.
- Completion and presentation of all required tax returns.
- Company annual return (abbreviated accounts: balance sheet, profit and loss statement, annual report)
- Ongoing updates on any legislative changes affecting the area of the Company Activities
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.