VAT in Croatia
VAT in Croatia: Ensure your peace of mind - browse client testimonials before selecting a accountant/tax lawyer in Croatia
- Iva, accountant/tax lawyer in CroatiaIva has a unique wealth of experience in the inner workings of the tax administration in Croatia for 13 years. More recently she has worked as a consultant providing expert tax guidance to international businesses and individuals alike. She speaks English fluently.
Who is this service for?
If you operate a business supplying goods or performing services in Croatia, you may be required to obtain a VAT number as well as a local VAT representative. This is necessary to comply with local VAT regulations in Croatia.
The threshold over which you are required to take action varies according to where your business is registered. If you have a business registered in the EU, the VAT threshold is €36,000. EU registered businesses may be registered directly with the Croatian VAT system.
However, if your business is not registered in the EU, the VAT threshold is nil i.e. €0. You will further be required to nominate a Croatian fiscal representative who will be jointly liable for any VAT payments that are due. This tax representative should be authorised to receive documents, file tax returns and perform all operations in connection with the assessment and payment of VAT.
What this service consists of
- Discussion with a local accountant on your VAT obligations in Croatia
- Registration with the Croatian VAT system (EU registered businesses only)
- Fiscal Representative Service (Non-EU Businesses)
- Alternatively, set-up of a branch-office for Non-EU businesses with activities in Croatia
- Ongoing VAT compliance service
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.