- ValentinaOriginally from Bolgna, Valentina has studied in New York, Venice, and Madrid, though since qualification as an architect in 1994 , has been based in Barcelona. Valentina directs her own firm and has founded associations dedicated to sustainable architecture and natural materials. Since 2008 Valentina has taken the role of Professor at LaSalle University on Sustainable Architecture. She speaks English, Italian, Spanish and Catalan fluently.
- AnnaAna graduated in architecture at the University College of Dublin in 1999. After three years of work experience in Ireland she moved to Barcelona where, over the last 15 years, she has specialized in Store design and Construction project management in the Retail sector.
As a long-standing experienced architect in Barcelona, Valentina, the director of this boutique firm, has assisted and promoted several projects in collaboration with the city’s institutions.
Valentina is passionate about new build projects and refurbisments involving the use of natural materials. With over 20 years experience working in Barcelona, Valentina knows the city intimately and has worked on a wide range of projects including Tax-Property evaluations, Licenses for shops, Habilitation Certificates of second hand apartments. A list of services can be found lower in this page.
- Scholarship at IUAV University of Architecture-Venice, 1988-1994 ETSAM- University of Architecture Madrid.1992
- Women in Tecnology Award at ETSAV University of Vallés Sant Cugat, Barcelona 1996
- Expo at COAC – Catalan architect under 40, Barcelona with refurbishment project of a Laundry-Internet Store in Barcelona 2003
- Finalist at Catalan Construction Innovation Prize with Strawbale house in Vallgorguina- 2009
- Invited to PechaKucha Designer night, Barcelona 2010
- Winning of “Pla de Buit” Competition of the city of Barcelona with project BioBui(L)t-BAM , Barcelona 2013
- European Leonardo Partnership Project Award with Spanish Strawbale Network – 2009-2015
Ronda Cooperative Meeting Room Refurbishment
The meeting room of the Ronda Cooperative is a special space that had to be adapted for people with Chemical & Electro-Sensitivity. Accordingly, all materials used were free of Volatile Organic Compounds and special attention was taken to achieve electromagnetic neutrality.