Change of Use in Baleares region
- SebastianOriginally from Mallorca, Sebastian graduated at the University of Barcelona in 2000. He spent two years in the Netherlands and a further two years in Norway working as an architect, gaining invaluable international experience. Over the last 10 years he runs his own firm based in Mallorca. The main goal of the firm is focusing in creating sustainable, bold and simple architecture with a strong connection to the Mediterranean context. Sebastian speaks English, Italian, Spanish and Catalan fluently.
Testimonials for Sebastian
- Paul Adams, Mallorca
Very professional and prompt service!Jun 25, 2019
- Helen, Mallorca
Prompt, professional, efficient and friendly service. I would highly recommend Sebastien! No complaints at all.Jan 07, 2019
Change of Use
Who is this Service for?
Enterprising property investors seek to purchase property that is currently used for another purpose – typically as an office or industrial unit – and then change its use to that of residential.
Such changes of use are possible though they are heavily regulated and you will need the assistance of a local architect to navigate the applicable planning laws before making an investment of this type. Investment without seeking such guidance would be extremely dangerous and could easily see an investor lose a great deal of money.
Upon a successful application, the architect may be instructed to draw-up plans for any required modifications and the appointment of local builders and tradesmen to complete the work.
What does this service consist of?
- Technical advice prior to any change of use application
- Review of local planning regulations
- Visit to site with assessment
- Analysis and professional opinion
- Formal application undertaken on behalf of client
- Planning department’s decision obtained and explained
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.