Change of Use in Barcelona
Originally from Bolgna, Valentina has studied in New York, Venice, and Madrid, though since qualification as an architect in 1994 , has been based in Barcelona. Valentina directs her own firm and has founded associations dedicated to sustainable architecture and natural materials. Since 2008 Valentina has taken the role of Professor at LaSalle University on Sustainable Architecture. She speaks English, Italian, Spanish and Catalan fluently.
Change of Use
Who is this Service for?
Enterprising property investors seek to purchase property that is currently used for another purpose – typically as an office or industrial unit – and then change its use to that of residential.
Such changes of use are possible though they are heavily regulated and you will need the assistance of a local architect to navigate the applicable planning laws before making an investment of this type. Investment without seeking such guidance would be extremely dangerous and could easily see an investor lose a great deal of money.
Upon a successful application, the architect may be instructed to draw-up plans for any required modifications and the appointment of local builders and tradesmen to complete the work.
What does this service consist of?
- Technical advice prior to any change of use application
- Review of local planning regulations
- Visit to site with assessment
- Analysis and professional opinion
- Formal application undertaken on behalf of client
- Planning department’s decision obtained and explained
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.