Building Survey in Spain
Building Survey in Spain: Ensure your peace of mind - browse client testimonials before selecting a property services architect in Spain
- Originally from Bolgna, Valentina has studied in New York, Venice, and Madrid, though since qualification as an architect in 1994 , has been based in Barcelona. Valentina directs her own firm and has founded associations dedicated to sustainable architecture and natural materials. Since 2008 Valentina has taken the role of Professor at LaSalle University on Sustainable Architecture. She speaks English, Italian, Spanish and Catalan fluently.
Who is this Service for?
Anyone purchasing a property of any size is strongly advised to obtain a technical survey on the property. Often those buying property abroad are cash buyers and, as a result, are not required to obtain a survey of the property before purchase. Many don’t bother. We feel that this is a major error, since a survey could save you a huge amount of money in expensive repairs later on, and potentially allow you to renegotiate the property purchase.
Even if buying with a mortgage, any survey required by the bank will only include a valuation as well as any obvious and serious defects that would affect said valuation. Arranging a private survey provides much more information and will provide you with the information you need to be confident about the investment you are making in a foreign country. Quite simply one of the most important investments you can make regarding property!
What does this service consist of?
This survey is much more extensive, and typically includes an in-depth inspection of the property with a detailed report in English, providing information and analysis of the current condition of:
- Central Heating and Air-conditioning systems
- Electrical System
- Internal Plumbing
- Interior/Exterior walls, floors, ceilings, windows, stairways
- Drains, guttering and external sewage system
The surveyor will also:
- Check for damp
- Check for any signs of erosion, subsidence or material/structural fatigue
- Include Recommended/Required steps to take to bring the property up to standard
This report will provide an in-depth and detailed analysis of all aspects of the property before proceeding to purchase.
Please note, if purchasing an aged or rural property, or indeed one that is located in a protected/heritage area, a building survey is recommended to ensure that you are made well aware of any defects in the building that will require more investment down the line. It will almost certainly more than pay for itself!
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.