- Jose AntonioJose Antonio is a highly-experienced lawyer in the Alicante area of Spain. With offices in the centre of Alicante Capital, Jose-Antonio has offered expert legal advice for more than 10 years to English-speakers involved in Property transactions and contractual disputes as well as family law, inheritance and business formation.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- George Salib, LondonMonday, April 23, 2018Jose Antonio was very professional and has assisted me in every step of the purchase of my flat in Alicante.
He also assisted me by advising of the most suitable area according to my needs. His com...mitment and dedication is excellent.
Jose Antonio was very easy to approach and happy to help in any way he can.
I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
- Julie Smith, TorrellanoFriday, April 20, 2018I can't compliment my solicitor enough.
From our initial meeting right through to my ultimate divorce (with no unpleasant surprises the entire duration of the entire process), he immediately respo...nded to my many enquiries, always had mine and my daughter's best interests at the forefront of any considerations and was well worth every penny of his extremely reasonable fee.
Excellent value for money, totally approachable and very professional and understanding. I highly recommend him and will continue to retain his services for other matters in the future.
- Stephen Grundy, AlicanteThursday, February 01, 2018Jose-Antonio's services are exemplary. Very satisfied and would definitely use this lawyer again.
- Delphine Harrison, EnglandThursday, December 21, 2017Jose was excellent from my initial contact to the exchange of the contracts, always responding quickly to my emails even out of work hours, very professional and understanding.
Jose made the whole... experience stress free and quite enjoyable, I would highly recommend him for anybody needing legal advise or business abroad.
- JMB, AlicanteTuesday, December 19, 2017Jose-Antonio was very helpful, always happy to assist. I was very satisfied with the service and would definitely use this lawyer again.
- Eric Van Der Straeten, BelgiumFriday, November 17, 2017Mr. Sempere Gelardo was a pleasure to work with. This lawyer has an understanding of difficult matters that surpasses most of his colleagues.
He replied to my demand the next day and in fluent Engl...ish assisted me in the case I presented to him.
His professionalism, together with a lot of empathy, gave me a feeling of security. The results were of the same high standard.
I can only thank him and would recommend him to anybody who is in need of legal assistance in the region of Alicante.
- Dariush Mirzajani, ScotlandTuesday, September 12, 2017My solicitor was very honest and helpful. I am recommending him to my friends on their legal matters - everything was above my expectations.
- John Wedlake, Murro de Alcoi, SpainSunday, July 30, 2017Very satisfied with Jose-Antonio's service, in particular I appreciated the completely honest appraisal of the situation. Will definitely use this service again.
- Frode Rødøy, HoradadaFriday, July 14, 2017He was very good at explaining my position and my chances to win / not win the case. He gave me many good advises in the process. He explained how the legal system works in Spain and how I best could ...position myself in order to win the case.
The result of the case was an agreement outside the court where I got it exactly how I wanted. Perfect!
- D slocombe, SpainFriday, May 19, 2017Jose is very friendly and understanding. I am very satisfied and I would you use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Richard Anthony Poole, Johannesburg, South AfricaWednesday, May 03, 2017Very responsive, very understanding, value for money, has a great ability to explain and provide the appropriate legal solutions, very approachable and very professional in dealing me.
- Mike Hartley, United KingdomMonday, March 27, 2017Jose was extremely helpful, he couldn't have done more. I´m very Satisfied and I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future if I need it.
- Jmb, AlicanteMonday, February 27, 2017José is extremely helpful, couldn't have done more. I am satisfied with the service provided by my lawyer.
- Eric Ward, SolihullFriday, February 24, 2017José did more than I expected to help me in my situation.
He was, at all times, helpful, patient, tuned-in to my needs, polite and courteous. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others, in my... situation.
A good, understanding lawyer!
- Qiqin Wei, SpainThursday, February 16, 2017Jose was extremely helpful, couldn't have done more. I am very satisfied I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Louise Kirby, AlicanteWednesday, February 15, 2017Jose Antonio is a very dedicated lawyer. He ensures he has a deep understanding of the case and provides excellent advise on a range of issues.
He has often replied to queries out of hours and work...s hard to provide the best outcome for his clients.
His service is outstanding and I would highly recommend him.
- Alan and Ann, Denia and UKWednesday, February 01, 2017Very hard working and obliging. Always available for calls and emails from the UK. Over a very extended period Jose remained very focused, professional and friendly.
We'd have no hesitation in reco...mmending Jose Antonio to others.
As buyers from the UK we were very grateful for his guidance and professional expertise.
- Tony McHugh, Monte PegoThursday, January 12, 2017Jose was very helpful and kept us well informed and looked after our interests on the actual exchange day rather than being bullied by the vendors legal solicitor.
Considering it was all done from ...a distance and via email the transactions all went very smoothly thanks to Jose.
- Svein Skovly, NorwayFriday, January 06, 2017My wife and I are very pleased with the services we received when we acquired an apartment near Alicante.
We have also been assisted in resolving practical issues regarding the take over of our apa...rtment. We definitely see that we have received great value for money.
I definitely recommend José A., and we will seek his advise again if needed.
- Leigh Weatherell, KenyaTuesday, December 13, 2016Jose's professionalism, protectiveness and attention to detail is second to none.
- AS, DenmarkThursday, December 08, 2016Jose was very helpful, always happy to assist. I am very satisfied the service provided by my lawyer.
- Robert Ludlam, UKThursday, November 24, 2016Jose was very helpful and responded to my question by return. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Simon, EnglandFriday, October 28, 2016I have had many dealings with solicitors (lawyers) both in Spain and the UK
But I have never found one as easy to deal with that looks entirely after the interest of his client’s as Jose.
This ...is a considerable advantage if you are a non-Spanish speaking English man like I am. There is also a considerable advantage as most solicitors in Spain charge the same money so Jose is extremely good value.
- AD, AlicanteSaturday, October 15, 2016Jose gave me information on tax implications of different inheritance options, with forms, figures and useful advice for the future.
He was very friendly and approachable, I would you use the same ...lawyer again in the future.
- R Theobald, UKTuesday, October 11, 2016Jose was very helpful and couldn't have done more for us.The advise was good and very professional. He is very easy to deal with and we would highly recommend him.
- S & J Barron, EnglandWednesday, October 05, 2016Jose Antonio was very understanding and patient. I am very Satisfied, he couldn't have done more.
- CSA, AlicanteThursday, September 08, 2016Jose Antonio always got back to us promptly and was very good at explaining the legal terms so that we could fully grasp the implications of any Court processes.
He was pragmatic and although posit...ive, kept us informed of possible outcomes both positive and negative. This enabled us to make informed decisions at all times. At all times, I felt that Jose Antonio had confidence in his own ability and was fully competent, without being arrogant.
- James Archer, LondonSaturday, September 03, 2016We bought a flat near El Campello and Jose Antonio made it stress free and straightforward. I could not recommend him more highly. The whole process of purchasing a property in Spain was very clearly ...explained alongside different options we would have at each stage.
Jose Antonio always responded within a day and also prompted us when he needed information. He was always able to fit in around our schedule when we were in Spain for short visits. I thought the price was good value.
- John Walsh, GuardamarThursday, August 11, 2016Jose is excellent and gives a service that is first class and very professional. I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- AHJ, AlicanteMonday, March 07, 2016I found José personable, articulate and very helpful.
Almost all reasons for going to a lawyer are stressful but I found his manner and advice made the process of my divorce straightforward and wi...thout complications.
Dealing with property in Spain can be a daunting experience, even more than usual since it involves understanding another country’s laws. Our highly experienced English-speaking lawyers will guide you through the complexities involved when you have a problematic tenant.
The express eviction process for obtaining the return of your Spanish property is divided into two parts:
Your lawyer makes a formal demand for payment of the outstanding rent from the tenant. This requires the following information:
- The name and addresses of the landlord and the tenant
- The date and location of the rental contract
- The amount of rent owed
At this point there is a pause for one month as the tenant has the opportunity to stay the proceedings by paying the outstanding rent. This is a once-only opportunity. If the tenant fails to pay the outstanding rent then your lawyer will proceed to step 2.
Should you wish to, you may handle step 1 by yourself though you may prefer to leave it to the lawyers to manage the entire process on your behalf as that way you do not need to worry about complications arising due to language difficulties.
Formally petition the court for a Notice to Evict.
A petition is made to the court to issue an eviction order. The court will issue a date by which the matter is to be resolved and the eviction carried-out failing a successful opposition by the tenant.
If the petition is unopposed and no rent paid then there is no need to even proceed with the hearing and the process moves directly to executing the eviction order on the date given at the time the order was originally petitioned.
Your lawyer will usually request the following documents:
- The rental agreement
- Copy of the deeds of the property
- Unpaid bills (pertaining to the rent or utilities)
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm has been hand-picked on the basis of it’s particular suitability for managing those property issues faced by non-residents, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result.
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Alicante.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.