- DomingoDomingo has 10 years experience as a practising lawyer in Gran Canaria and specialises in providing expert advice in property law matters, inheritances, family law and contract law issues, in particular time-share agreements.
- LeocriciaLeocricia has represented English-speaking clients in Gran Canaria since 1990. Now with over 20 years experience , she runs a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team of lawyers with offices in Las Palmas and Maspalomas. Services include Real Estate law, Contract Law, Inheritances, Debt Recovery, Medical Negligence and Tax & Fiscal Support to businesses.
- EstherEsther has practised law in the Canary Islands since 2002 and specialises in civil, commercial, criminal and real estate law. Together with an impressive academic records, which includes a Masters in Urban Planning, she has a very good command of English and German as well as her native Spanish.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Pernilla, LondonFriday, April 13, 2018We had excellent service from Esther at Advocate Abroad when buying a property in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
Esther speaks both Spanish and English, and is very friendly, professional and genuine. ...She took care of the whole purchasing process and explained all the steps for us, including giving advice on Spanish bank account, NIE numbers etc.
We are very pleased with all the help we have received and can highly recommend Esther. Thank you so much!
- Julia Alcock, Puerto Rico, Gran CanariaThursday, February 22, 2018Esther was very friendly and approachable. She was professional and answered any questions I asked. We would definitely use her again in the future.
- Jackie Stevenson, Gran CanariaWednesday, July 19, 2017Esther is informative and extremely helpful and above all very professional. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Diana Rawstron, LondonThursday, November 03, 2016Domingo provided an excellent service on this matter and I was very pleased that I had found him through your website. I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Michelle Richardson, UKTuesday, April 19, 2016Domingo has great empathy, and works hard with great understanding of your needs.
Domingo is available and flexible, he is there for you always, and very professional at all times.
My case was a... difficult one,Domingo did all he could given the circumstances, I could not of have asked for more.
- David Russell, UKFriday, September 25, 2015Extremely helpful at all times. Worked with us in the whole process of the purchase making it easier than we expected.
Gave very clear advice on what we should and should not accept from the seller....
- KRF, Las PalmasMonday, June 22, 2015My lawyer showed great attention to detail, was responsive and very professional. I will definitely use his services again.
- Peter Friedman, Gran CanariaWednesday, October 29, 2014Leocricia was extremely helpful – she couldn’t have done more.
She was more or less fluent in English and we were very satisfied with the service provided – particularly the fact that she was... quick to respond to emails and queries.
We will definitely contact her in the future if we need a lawyer in Gran Canaria.
- Dawn H, Puerto RicoTuesday, February 11, 2014My lawyer was very helpful with our property purchase. He always replied to any questions extremely quickly and provided us with all the legal help, advice and documentation necessary.
He explained... the Spanish processes which are quite different from England.
I would very happily recommend his services.
Our experienced property lawyers in Gran Canaria work hard to ensure that you can have absolute confidence in our ability to solve any tenancy related problems you may have with the minimum fuss.
Our focus on maintaining consistent communication throughout to keep you up-to-date with the progress in your case will ensure that you have complete peace of mind at all times.
The express eviction process for obtaining the return of your Spanish property is divided into two parts:
Your lawyer makes a formal demand for payment of the outstanding rent from the tenant. This requires the following information:
- The name and addresses of the landlord and the tenant
- The date and location of the rental contract
- The amount of rent owed
At this point there is a pause for one month as the tenant has the opportunity to stay the proceedings by paying the outstanding rent. This is a once-only opportunity. If the tenant fails to pay the outstanding rent then your lawyer will proceed to step 2.
Should you wish to, you may handle step 1 by yourself though you may prefer to leave it to the lawyers to manage the entire process on your behalf as that way you do not need to worry about complications arising due to language difficulties.
Formally petition the court for a Notice to Evict.
A petition is made to the court to issue an eviction order. The court will issue a date by which the matter is to be resolved and the eviction carried-out failing a successful opposition by the tenant.
If the petition is unopposed and no rent paid then there is no need to even proceed with the hearing and the process moves directly to executing the eviction order on the date given at the time the order was originally petitioned.
Your lawyer will usually request the following documents:
- The rental agreement
- Copy of the deeds of the property
- Unpaid bills (pertaining to the rent or utilities)
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm has been hand-picked on the basis of it’s particular suitability for managing those property issues faced by non-residents, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result.
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Gran Canaria.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.