- BeatrizBBeatriz is an experienced solicitor practicing law in Malaga province. She provides expert legal advice to English-speakers across the Malaga region on matters such as Property Conveyancing, Inheritances, Contract Law, Immigration and Family Law.
- FrancisFrancisco is a an experienced lawyer with offices in Malaga and the Axarquia. He leads a multi-disciplinary law firm which comprises three lawyers working in different specialised fields. Assistance in all major areas of the law are offered including Property Law & Conveyances, contract breach/debt recovery, business formation and international taxation as well as civil matters such as inheritances and family law, and immigration law.
- MiguelMiguel is an accountant with more than 20 years experience assisting English-speaking business customers in Spain with setting-up and managing their businesses. The objective is always to optimise the chances of success and therefore Miguel will advise not just on the most tax efficient options but also the most appropriate business structure for each client - whether self-employed or limited company.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- S Crawford, Alhaurín El GrandeWednesday, November 22, 2017Miguel was quick to respond to questions, professional, personable, knowledgeable. Very Satisfied with the service.
- Bruce and Susan Moore, EnglandTuesday, October 31, 2017Great responsive and assured service
- Hugh and Ann Morgan, Palma de MallorcaMonday, October 30, 2017His command of English is First Class.
He demonstrated the highest level of professionalism and efficiency and l would have no hesitation in using him again or recommending him to any of my collea...gues or friends
Competent, capable value for money FIRST CLASS and a credit to the organisation
- Nada Fairris, FuengirolaFriday, September 01, 2017100% Responsive, understanding, value for money, approachable, professional and very efficient. Thank you Ana Belèn.
- K West, NerjaMonday, August 07, 2017Beatriz spoke English more or less fluently, and put me and my wife at ease with what can be a difficult process. She could have improved on written communication at the end of the process but would d...efinitely use her services again.
- Paul W, ShorehamSaturday, July 15, 2017Beatriz was very helpful, always happy to assist. I definitely would use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Richard Whiteside, LucenaMonday, February 20, 2017Miguel has provided an excellent service, helping me sort out my tax and social security obligations as an ‘autonomo’.
He is always prompt with his answers to my questions, he offers timely adv...ice and always makes sure that I am prepared in advance.
His English level is excellent and I will continue to use his service in the future.
- Mike B, South of EnglandThursday, December 15, 2016Beatriz responded immediately to my first approach and always quickly thereafter, understood and knew the law/background, carried out local activities in addition on my behalf, good value for money, h...elped us through an unfamiliar situation very well in a personable and pleasant way.
People had warned me the key to this was finding a trustworthy lawyer in Spain so I approached a couple of lawyers in Nerja and judged on their first response, Beatriz obviously passed that test.
- David Frost, MálagaThursday, November 24, 2016Francis was extremely helpful, he couldn’t have done more. I am very Satisfied and I definitely would use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Fiona Murie, UKWednesday, November 09, 2016Miguel has always been extremely approachable, helpful and given sound advice. He has kept us informed at every stage and quickly answered questions to help us make informed decisions.
We feel like... we have had value for money and will definitely use Miguel as our only lawyer for all Spanish business.
He has been fantastic! Very professional
- Daniel Friend, UKMonday, August 08, 2016Beatriz was extremely helpful and willing to assist with a variety of questions and requests, some not necessarily in the scope of her role.
Also good value compared to other quotes I received init...ially.
- JS, BarcelonaFriday, May 20, 2016Miguel is extremely helpful, couldn’t have done more. He is also responsive, transparent and informative.
- Sharon Janet, Stoke-On-TrentWednesday, April 06, 2016Miguel was always available to discuss any issues we had.
Excellent service more than happy and will be going back to him with and future legal issues. I would advise anyone to deal with this pract...ice more than accommodating.
- Matthew Jarrett, WarmingtonTuesday, April 05, 2016Beatriz was very understanding about what type of service we were looking for. This was our first purchase in Spain and we relied heavily on Beatriz to help us make the right decisions.
She not onl...y provided vital details regarding the law in Spain but also helped us with dealing with the Estate Agent and the process. Her local knowledge was also excellent and helped us to see the true value of our purchase.
- Michael Bailey, CanillasSaturday, October 31, 2015Always helpful and available. Never made us feel uncomfortable when we did not understand the process or language etc.
Very pleasant manner and always met the qualities listed in the above survey q...uestion (responsiveness, understanding, value for money, ability to explain and provide appropriate legal solutions, approachability and professionalism).
- HLB, SwitzerlandFriday, September 25, 2015Francisco was very helpful, always happy to assist. I would describe him as a very good lawyer. Always responsive.
- Michael Rieger-Goroncy, MunichMonday, August 10, 2015Our lawyer (Francisco) was very responsive. In a complex matter it needed some additional explanation via email until he fully understood what we were talking about, but then he understood the case an...d gave us very good and helpful advice.
In the end he recommended not to proceed with the case which we followed. It was absolutely good value for the money we paid.
- Mustafa Gural, La LineaMonday, August 03, 2015Francisco provided a service to me not just as a client but also as though he was helping a family member.
His friendliness, professionalism, sincerety and many more qualities is something I am yet... to find in a lawyer or any other professional. I can’t thank him enough for his excellent service.
- Dag Martin Watvedt, NorwayMonday, July 13, 2015She really understood the situation and took the initiative to solve the issues, but always informed me and asked if I agreed + explained why certain things were so difficult, related to special prote...cted land.
- Eric Blair Russell, CanadaMonday, May 25, 2015My lawyer was efficient, professional and prompt – as well as being bilingual. I was very satisfied with his work and would be happy to use his service again in the future.
- Derek Mendonca, LondonTuesday, April 28, 2015I was very impressed with the service received, in particular:
Transparency, effective communication, professionalism and value for money.
I myself am a chartered accountant in the UK so I have ve...ry high standards from other professionals which I am glad to say were met by Francisco.
- Steven Sebili, NYTuesday, April 14, 2015Francisco was a real professional with an outstanding personality. He provided more assistance than I expected and my questions were answered in timely fashion. Thank you.
- Chris Clarke, CalahondaThursday, March 12, 2015My lawyer Francisco was very helpful.
We had some unanticipated problems and the lawyer gave extra to sort them out – he emailed, texted or phoned all the way until the end. Overall I was very sa...tisfied with the service provided
- Barry Hart, NerjaThursday, March 05, 2015Our lawyer Beatriz was responsive and Kept us informed at all stages.Went over and above to help with smaller issues that weren’t necessarily her domain (utility companies, keys etc)
Always pleas...ant, helpful and thorough.
Noticed anomalies on the paperwork that had been missed by everybody else.
Really pleasant to deal with.
- JS, SwedenThursday, January 01, 2015Our lawyer was very helpful, always happy to assist. Her English was more or less fluent. I liked that she was very responsive and quick. I would definitely use her services again.
- PSA, RondaTuesday, December 30, 2014There seemed to be some confusion about what we were trying to accomplish. In the end we were successful. Getting the NIE is not a simple process.
Make sure you have everything in Spanish if the or...iginal is in another language.
Overall I was very pleased with the outcome.
- GT, Puente Don Manuel, VelezFriday, November 28, 2014Overall very satisfied with the service. House purchase went through quickly and no hitches.
Beatriz always answered calls and emails promptly when we had any questions. She arranged notary as near... to our house as possible. Would definitely use this lawyer in the future.
- Allison Andrew, TorroxFriday, November 28, 2014My lawyer responded very quickly when contacted, and explained the appropriate legal solution to our problem, which very quickly had the desired effect.
She had more or less fluent English and we w...ould definitely use her services again.
- M.D., Puerto BanusSaturday, October 18, 2014The solicitor provided was bilingual. He was extremely helpful and couldn’t have done more for me. The service provided was effective and he kept me up to date as to the progress.
- Brian and Elaine OrmondeMonday, August 18, 2014We found Beatriz to be very professional. She helped us with all aspects of our house purchase quickly and efficiently. From our initial deposit to signing for the property took just a week.
We wou...ld definitely use this law firm again and would recommend to other people.
Our approach is to make property conveyancing in Spain simple, not complicated. Our English-speaking clients seek straightforward, practical advice from people they can trust, so that’s exactly what we provide.
Dealing with property in Spain can be complicated at times, which only makes it more important for English-speaking lawyers to spend the timeand effort required to keep client’s up-to-date and informed at every stage of the process.
The express eviction process for obtaining the return of your Spanish property is divided into two parts:
Your lawyer makes a formal demand for payment of the outstanding rent from the tenant. This requires the following information:
- The name and addresses of the landlord and the tenant
- The date and location of the rental contract
- The amount of rent owed
At this point there is a pause for one month as the tenant has the opportunity to stay the proceedings by paying the outstanding rent. This is a once-only opportunity. If the tenant fails to pay the outstanding rent then your lawyer will proceed to step 2.
Should you wish to, you may handle step 1 by yourself though you may prefer to leave it to the lawyers to manage the entire process on your behalf as that way you do not need to worry about complications arising due to language difficulties.
Formally petition the court for a Notice to Evict.
A petition is made to the court to issue an eviction order. The court will issue a date by which the matter is to be resolved and the eviction carried-out failing a successful opposition by the tenant.
If the petition is unopposed and no rent paid then there is no need to even proceed with the hearing and the process moves directly to executing the eviction order on the date given at the time the order was originally petitioned.
Your lawyer will usually request the following documents:
- The rental agreement
- Copy of the deeds of the property
- Unpaid bills (pertaining to the rent or utilities)
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm has been hand-picked on the basis of it’s particular suitability for managing those property issues faced by non-residents, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result.
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Malaga.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.