- PedroPedro heads a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary law firm located in the centre of Torrevieja. For more than 20 years he has provided English-speakers in the area with expert guidance on such matters as property conveynaces and property law in general, contractual disputes, commercial law including business formation, as well as family law and inheritances.
- CarmenCarmen is a highly experienced lawyer and leads a multi-disciplinary law practice with offices across Murcia. Expert legal advice is offered in all major areas of the law including property law, contract breach/debt recovery, family law and inheritances as well as business formation and taxation.
- AlexandraAlexandra completed her academic career with a Master´s degree in International Law. She has also benefited from years of experience working for prestigious law firms in London, assisting clients with UK and Spanish related legal issues. She has since moved back to Alicante Province and provides expert legal guidance to English-speaking clients in conveyancing and probate matters particularly in Elche, El Altet and Torrevieja.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Jane Armstrong, Playa Flamenca, SpainWednesday, November 15, 2017Carmen was efficient and professional at all times. Always available to help and advise. Would definitely recommend.
- David Gough, Villamartin,Wednesday, October 18, 2017We found Carmen to be very approachable and professional - she guided us all the way through the process of buying our property always available to answer our many questions either by phone or email. ...
The cost of this service was very reasonable and after the sale was complete she then went on to complete our Spanish wills expertly guiding us through the Spanish inheritance laws.
We would not hesitate to use her services again in the future or to recommend her to friends.
- David Bird, EnglandThursday, September 21, 2017Our lawyer Carmen was absolutely fantastic in everything. Brilliant!
- Karl Deeter, IrelandMonday, July 31, 2017Carmen is responsive, able to answer complex questions and even collected the keys on a day when my flight was arriving too late for me to do it.
I was really impressed with her dedication to doin...g the job right and in a timely manner. Buying abroad comes with lots of questions and complexities, she guided me through them all with detailed information along the way.
I have dealt with many solicitors in different countries through the years of buying and selling property and she is amongst the best I have found anywhere.
- Terry Cheyne, TorreviejaSaturday, April 15, 2017Carmen was so helpful, best lawyer we have ever had. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Kate Foley, IrelandWednesday, April 05, 2017She always replied to queries promptly and was happy to work via email which was very convenient for me.
She was very thorough in translation of all legal documents and never rushed me to complete... anything without ensuring I was 100% happy with it.
- Stuart Hayter, DublinTuesday, February 07, 2017Carmen was very helpful, listened to what we wanted.
Carmen’s approach was friendly and informative, we have advised other people of Carmen and advised that they should seek advice & help from he...r practice, very good value for money.
Dealing with Carmen was very professional and a joy.
- June Matthews, BotanicoMonday, February 06, 2017More than helpful, very professional, understood our requirements straight away and provided us with our solutions. Very impressed with her work ethics, would definitely use her services again.
- Lorraine Booty, TorreviejaTuesday, September 13, 2016Carmen provided a very efficient and immediate service. We would definitely use the service again.
- Gill Turner, TorreviejaFriday, February 19, 2016Both the lawyer and his legal assistant were very helpful and patient with all the questions asked- They put us at ease and were very efficient.
Very satisfied overall with service, and would defin...itely use the service again.
- Ronald Kevin, UKMonday, October 26, 2015Very helpful and genuine went over and above the call, even picked us up to take us to and from places we needed to attend regarding the sale.
I don't think the service could be improved, it comes ...across as a very well run service.
- Michael Gilhooley, ScotlandFriday, September 25, 2015An absolute pleasure from start to finish with Pedro and his assistant David. Couldn’t have ask for more from my lawyer would highly recommend Pedro to friends and family .
- M B Groves, EnglandThursday, September 24, 2015Fast response within 24 hours appointment when i wanted. Value for money. Very efficient.
- Martin Pettit, CheltenhamFriday, January 30, 2015Everything was explained clearly and concisely. Appointments were on time and the Notary visit was very well organised.
I was very satisfied with the service and would definitely use this lawyer in... the future.
- Brett Goldsmith, CanadaSunday, September 21, 2014He helped me not to put certain points in my divorce, that I later may have regretted. Often in haste a person will ask for or give certain concessions that later will be inappropriate.
I was fortu...nately stopped from doing this by my lawyer Pedro.
Pedro has a professional, helpful and friendly approach.
Our English-speaking property lawyers, with over 20 years experience in the field, will guide you through the complexities of local property laws and make sure that you are kept up-to-date with progress throughout the legal process required to obtain vacant possession of your property from a non-paying tenant.
The express eviction process for obtaining the return of your Spanish property is divided into two parts:
Your lawyer makes a formal demand for payment of the outstanding rent from the tenant. This requires the following information:
- The name and addresses of the landlord and the tenant
- The date and location of the rental contract
- The amount of rent owed
At this point there is a pause for one month as the tenant has the opportunity to stay the proceedings by paying the outstanding rent. This is a once-only opportunity. If the tenant fails to pay the outstanding rent then your lawyer will proceed to step 2.
Should you wish to, you may handle step 1 by yourself though you may prefer to leave it to the lawyers to manage the entire process on your behalf as that way you do not need to worry about complications arising due to language difficulties.
Formally petition the court for a Notice to Evict.
A petition is made to the court to issue an eviction order. The court will issue a date by which the matter is to be resolved and the eviction carried-out failing a successful opposition by the tenant.
If the petition is unopposed and no rent paid then there is no need to even proceed with the hearing and the process moves directly to executing the eviction order on the date given at the time the order was originally petitioned.
Your lawyer will usually request the following documents:
- The rental agreement
- Copy of the deeds of the property
- Unpaid bills (pertaining to the rent or utilities)
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm has been hand-picked on the basis of it’s particular suitability for managing those property issues faced by non-residents, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result.
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Elche.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.