- DomingoDomingo has 10 years experience as a practising lawyer in Gran Canaria and specialises in providing expert advice in property law matters, inheritances, family law and contract law issues, in particular time-share agreements.
- LeocriciaLeocricia has represented English-speaking clients in Gran Canaria since 1990. Now with over 20 years experience , she runs a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team of lawyers with offices in Las Palmas and Maspalomas. Services include Real Estate law, Contract Law, Inheritances, Debt Recovery, Medical Negligence and Tax & Fiscal Support to businesses.
- EstherEsther has practised law in the Canary Islands since 2002 and specialises in civil, commercial, criminal and real estate law. Together with an impressive academic records, which includes a Masters in Urban Planning, she has a very good command of English and German as well as her native Spanish.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Pernilla, LondonFriday, April 13, 2018We had excellent service from Esther at Advocate Abroad when buying a property in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
Esther speaks both Spanish and English, and is very friendly, professional and genuine. ...She took care of the whole purchasing process and explained all the steps for us, including giving advice on Spanish bank account, NIE numbers etc.
We are very pleased with all the help we have received and can highly recommend Esther. Thank you so much!
- Julia Alcock, Puerto Rico, Gran CanariaThursday, February 22, 2018Esther was very friendly and approachable. She was professional and answered any questions I asked. We would definitely use her again in the future.
- Jackie Stevenson, Gran CanariaWednesday, July 19, 2017Esther is informative and extremely helpful and above all very professional. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Diana Rawstron, LondonThursday, November 03, 2016Domingo provided an excellent service on this matter and I was very pleased that I had found him through your website. I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Michelle Richardson, UKTuesday, April 19, 2016Domingo has great empathy, and works hard with great understanding of your needs.
Domingo is available and flexible, he is there for you always, and very professional at all times.
My case was a... difficult one,Domingo did all he could given the circumstances, I could not of have asked for more.
- David Russell, UKFriday, September 25, 2015Extremely helpful at all times. Worked with us in the whole process of the purchase making it easier than we expected.
Gave very clear advice on what we should and should not accept from the seller....
- KRF, Las PalmasMonday, June 22, 2015My lawyer showed great attention to detail, was responsive and very professional. I will definitely use his services again.
- Peter Friedman, Gran CanariaWednesday, October 29, 2014Leocricia was extremely helpful – she couldn’t have done more.
She was more or less fluent in English and we were very satisfied with the service provided – particularly the fact that she was... quick to respond to emails and queries.
We will definitely contact her in the future if we need a lawyer in Gran Canaria.
- Dawn H, Puerto RicoTuesday, February 11, 2014My lawyer was very helpful with our property purchase. He always replied to any questions extremely quickly and provided us with all the legal help, advice and documentation necessary.
He explained... the Spanish processes which are quite different from England.
I would very happily recommend his services.
Buying or selling a property in Spain – just as elsewhere – is likely the most important financial transaction you will make in your life time. Absolutely vital therefore, to ensure your interests are protected with advice from local English-speaking legal experts who can provide you with the legal support, advice and assistance that ensures a trouble-free conveyance.
Our experienced property lawyers will provide you with all of the local expertise you need to have complete peace of mind when undertaking a property transaction in Gran Canaria.
The comprehensive conveyancing service provided by this law firm includes the following components:
- Review of the purchase contract
- Management of negotiations and counter-offers
- Verification that the seller is able to pass good title
- Registry search to ensure property free of any charges or other mortgages
- Ensure outstanding taxes on the property are up-to-date before transfer
- Make sure that all items included in the sale (fixtures and fittings etc.)
- Attendance and assistance when signing the deeds of the property
- Management of negotiations and counter-offers
- Verify that the property complies with all local zoning laws
- Payment of stamp duty
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm has been hand-picked on the basis of it’s particular suitability for providing an efficient property conveyance service to non-residents, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result.
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Las Palmas.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain.
These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.