- CarlosCarlos is a highly qualified and experienced bilingual lawyer with dual US and Spanish citizenship. He has obtained batchelor and masters degrees via attendance at a number of prestigious universities including the Universities of Navarra, Leiden and Cambridge, The Hague Academy of International Law, Holland and the IESE Business School in Barcelona. Carlos specialises in the following areas: International Law, Company Law, Civil Law (Property/Family Matters), Administrative Law and his firm provides accounting services.
- FedericoFederico has practiced law since 1993. He specialises in the following legal fields: Criminal law including Extraditions, Family law, Probate, Bankruptcy & Debt Recovery, International law, Commercial law, He speaks the following languages fluently: English, German, French, Spanish
- AndresGraduated from the best Law School in Spain, Andrés later studied a Legal Advice Masters programme at the Carlos III University of Madrid. After that, the last years he has been working for international corporations from the United States, United Kingdom, China, UAE, Qatar or Thailand, among others. He speaks English fluently.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Yuka Mizota Lockey, Kent, UkMonday, January 22, 2018Olga responded promptly and efficiently. She was accommodating in terms of arranging meetings. She was really knowledgeable, diplomatic when dealing with our estate agents and was dedicated to our int...erests.
All my family found Olga very approachable, professional and we were grateful to have someone who could explain and guide us through a process that is foreign to us.
- Tomas M, Czech RepublicMonday, November 27, 2017My lawyer Marcos had sufficient English and couldn't have done more to help. I would definitely use his services again.
- C.H.N., DubaiMonday, October 09, 2017Very professional and understanding, and also the response rate was very quick. I have had bad experiences with requiring English services in Spain, however, Olga did an excellent job in translating m...y needs and voicing them legally.
- Mehdi Karimkhanzand, IranMonday, September 25, 2017My lawyer Maria was skilled enough to do her duty, very kind and professional with all following factors: responsiveness, understanding, value for money, ability to explain and provide appropriate leg...al solutions, approach ability and professionalism
- Lorne Inglis, MadridFriday, September 01, 2017Olga was very helpful and knowledgeable.
- BD, IrelandThursday, July 20, 2017Olga was very responsive,she did the job in a very efficient and fast way and we could have not received a better service. Highly recommended!
- C O'L, MadridTuesday, July 11, 2017Olga was extremely helpful and professional. She was always on hand to answer questions and went above and beyond to provide excellent service.
Her services were great value for money and I would d...efinitely look to Olga for help in the future. An absolute pleasure working with such a well organized, kind and professional lawyer.
- Carlos Pelaez, LondonTuesday, July 11, 2017Olga was awsome! she was quite helpfull at all times, either on the phone or emails or whatsapp, friendly and her english was perfect, i'd give a 100% rate to her service, thanks a lot.
- Carlos Pelaez, LondonMonday, July 03, 2017She was friendly and attentive at all times, quick answers on whatsapp app and always up to help and answer my questions. I'm pretty satisfied with her service.
- Mal Kelley, Perth WesternFriday, March 10, 2017Prompt and efficient , reasonable value for the work done, very approachable and personable and that is important when so far away.
My lawyer was Maria, I would highly recommend her to anyone wanti...ng representation in Europe.
- Marina Ristic, LondonMonday, November 28, 2016Olga was responsive, understood the case and gave the right advice.
- Zack Ratn, LondonTuesday, October 18, 2016Olga is always available, knows the legal side perfectly as well as how to make things happen in Spain.
Olga’s personal charm and sophistication combined with legal knowledge makes her by far the... best lawyer I have ever worked with.
- Caroline Jenner, UKFriday, July 01, 2016Olga was excellent in every way – she kept in touch with us, attended court late in the evening, explained everything, and went out of her way to help.
- Oliver, MadridTuesday, June 21, 2016I was very satisfied with David. He was very helpful and always happy to assist and I will use his services again in the future.
- Sandy McCreery, LondonTuesday, June 14, 2016It was a pleasure to have David oversee our property purchase; we always felt we were in safe hands.
David was quick to research any unfamiliar questions, and gave good advice in relation to the co...ntract and the Spanish way of doing things. But most of all he was enthusiastic, approachable and engaging.
- Nasser MG, MadridFriday, September 25, 2015David was very helpful, always happy to assist. His English was more or less fluent. I was very satisfied with the service and would definitely use this lawyer again.
- R P Jamieson, MadridThursday, September 24, 2015David was very professional, available, researched well the subject and very helpful advice. Extremely happy to have made contact. Will use his services again in the future.
- Antonina Hales, ZaragozaTuesday, September 22, 2015We contacted this law firm on several occasions with different questions (immigration, work contracts, rent of property, purchase of property) and they could always give us a thorough answer to our qu...estions.
The lawyers provided us all necessary information and helped us to choose the best solution. They were very attentive and helpful. As we don’t speak Spanish, they accompanied us to all government offices.
- CL, PennsylvaniaThursday, June 25, 2015Francisco did a great job of helping us through a process which required his diligence in order to be successful. He worked hard on our behalf and we appreciated his determination.
- Neil Webster, The Ninja Corp UKFriday, June 19, 2015Very helpful and quick to respond to our requests and processes everything very efficiently. We would definitely use this law firm’s service again.
- Osman Bakri, UAE BARQTuesday, March 10, 2015Our lawyer Francisco was very helpful , he didn’t spare any effort in fulfilling his duties which helped us reach our goal. We would definitely use his services again.
- SBH, CalongeTuesday, January 06, 2015Friendly and very efficient. Took care and attention to my requests and worked in my best interests. Very good value for money.
I felt that I could trust my lawyer which is very important to everyo...ne. I am extremely happy to have chosen him and would definitely want to use his services again should I need to.
- Eldina Sator SydneyMonday, November 17, 2014I am very satisfied with the services provided. The firm was very responsive and dealt with my issue very capably. The legal solutions provided were very suitable and exactly what I was looking for, f...urther the lawyer was very approachable and friendly.
I would definitely use this lawyer again.
- Oliver Clarke, DubaiThursday, September 04, 2014Our lawyer was bilingual and extremely helpful – he couldn’t have done more for us. We were very satisfied with the service provided and would definitely use this lawyer again in the future.
- Trevor Taylor, EnglandFriday, August 22, 2014I was put at my ease straight away, never hiring a Spanish lawyer before, I was cautious, but Francisco guided me through the process effortlessly.I thought my case would be tricky and I on my own wou...ld never have completed without him. He was a star.
I have recommended him to some friends of mine who want to sell their business. As for value for money, he was spot on, and very approachable .Full marks from me.
Our approach to property conveyancing in Madrid has been designed specifically to reduce the stress of buying or selling property. Our experienced, local English-speaking lawyers work hard to ensure that you can have absolute confidence in our ability to satisfy your conveyancing needs with the minimum fuss.
Our focus on maintaining consistent communication throughout to keep you up-to-date with the progress in your property conveyance will ensure that you have complete peace of mind at all times.
Service for Property Investors
Spanish property prices have been falling for eight consecutive years compared to the values reached in 2007, with market observers now seeing value in the Spanish capital’s property market. While the heights reached during the property boom mean there was little value to be had, the effect of the crisis has been to make Spain an interesting country for foreign investors.
Real Estate investing in major urban centres is not as easy as buying a holiday home by the seaside. While there are many bargains to be had in the current market, often these are not free from difficulties. When investing in Madrid Advocate Abroad’s experienced English-speaking professionals will not only help you by carrying out all of the the necessary checks to ensure that your property investment is legally safe, but we can also offer you a full property management service complete with taxation advice, invaluable for the international property investor.
Service Features for Investors
Prior to purchase:
- Review title at the Land Registry to determine the true current owner and also if there are any pending charges over the property that need to be cancelled by the vendor before proceeding with the purchase.
- Make sure that the 10 year´s Building Technical Inspection “ITE” has been passed to avoid the investor having to pay for this.
- Confirm with the president and administrator of the building that there are no pending expenses that have not been paid to the community of owners (sometimes in old buildings the community itself doesn’t exist so at times we have to carry-out it’s incorporation).
- Check for any unexpected expenses that could be already approved by the community of owners and that the investor may not have been informed about but will end up paying.
- Provide a breakdown of the exact running costs that the investor as new owner of the property is liable for: IBI tax and community of owners contributions.
- Review any old leases and inform the investor about any tenant’s rights according to the law as these will have to incorporated in the contract as the new landlord after the purchase.
- Make sure the tenants go to the notary the same day that the deeds of purchase are signed to make sure that they refuse their preferential rights upon the property.
- Check the property’s energy certificate.
- Draft the pre-purchase contract “arras” adding clauses on the investors behalf to make sure that the terms for the purchase can be complied with .
- Provide translation service on the day that the deeds are signed at the public notary of the investor’s choice.
- Manage the transfer of local authority taxes such as IBI as well as utilities such as water, electricity, gas etc into the name of the investor
- Arrangement of additional reliable professionals who may be required in order to refurbish the property, for example architects and builders.
- Arrange insurance the property/ies.
- Completion of the Non-Residents tax return (obligatory under law).
- Full property management service including marketing of vacant units, signature of leases, dealing with any problems that arise in the course of a typical lease
- In the worst case scenario, in the case of non-payment of rent by a tenant, we carry out the legal eviction process at court.
- Once the property is rented-out, if necessary we send plumbers, electricians, builders, cleaners, locksmiths, handymen….
Service Features for Home Owners
The comprehensive conveyancing service provided by this law firm includes the following components:
- Review of the purchase contract
- Management of negotiations and counter-offers
- Verification that the seller is able to pass good title
- Registry search to ensure property free of any charges or other mortgages
- Ensure outstanding taxes on the property are up-to-date before transfer
- Make sure that all items included in the sale (fixtures and fittings etc.)
- Attendance and assistance when signing the deeds of the property
- Management of negotiations and counter-offers
- Verify that the property complies with all local zoning laws
- Payment of stamp duty
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particular suitable for providing an efficient property conveyance service to non-residents, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Madrid.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain.
These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.