Parental Abduction in FranceSearching for Parental Abduction in France Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in France
This service is available across France
Who Can Benefit from this Service?
- This service is designed for English-speaking expats residing in France who are confronting the distressing situation of a child being wrongfully removed to or retained in another country by the other parent, in violation of custody agreements.
- It is also for parents outside of France whose children have been brought into France under similar wrongful circumstances.
- Initial Assessment: Review of the client's situation, custody documents, and any existing legal decisions regarding parental responsibility.
- Filing the Application: Assistance in preparing and filing the necessary documents with the French Ministry of Justice and, if applicable, the relevant foreign authority.
- Judicial Proceedings: Representation in court proceedings, both in France and through coordination with legal representatives in the country where the child is currently located.
- Enforcement: Following a court order for the child's return, support in the enforcement of the order, working with local and international law enforcement agencies.
Benefits of this Service
- Expertise in International Family Law: Deep understanding of both French law and international treaties affecting parental abduction cases.
- Multilingual Legal Support: Services offered in English to ensure clear communication and understanding of legal processes.
- Comprehensive Assistance: From legal representation to mediation and enforcement of court orders, a full range of services to address the client's needs.
Key Elements of this Service
- Legal Support and Representation: Legal assistance to navigate through the complex procedures under the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, to which France is a signatory. This includes filing applications for the return of the child and representing the client in French Family Tribunals.
- Liaising with Central Authorities: Coordination with the French Central Authority and, when applicable, with authorities in the child's current location, to ensure adherence to international treaties and to facilitate the child's return.
- Emergency and Interim Measures: Seeking immediate judicial orders for the provisional return of the child and protective measures, leveraging Article 20 of the "Bruxelles II ter" regulation for cases of urgency.
- Mediation Services: Offering mediation both at a national level and through international mediation services to find amicable solutions that are in the best interests of the child.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.