60,000 vehicle owners in Spain will be able to benefit from a new plan announced by the Spanish government to subsidise the replacement of car tyres. The grants, worth €20 per tyre or €80 per car, will be made available from June 10th 2011 and will be limited to four tyres per person and vehicle. The government is yet to specify the makes and models of the tyres that will be eligible for the subsidies but those included will be determined according to their efficiency levels.
To be eligible to receive the subsidy the following criteria need to be fulfilled:
- The vehicle must be registered in Spain
- The car must be fully taxes
- All four tyres must be changed at the same time
- There may only be one subsidy per beneficiary and car
- The car to be subsidised must be owned by the beneficiary
To request the subsidy will require presentation of identification (passport and NIE), photocopy of the proof of payment of the current road tax and a photocopy of the Technical Description of the vehicle (Ficha técnica).