Business Set-Up in Portimão
Graduated at Universidade São Judas Tadeu, Brazil, in 1997, MBA by Fundação Getúlio Vargas and Chicago University in 2010. Licensed lawyer in Brazil since 1998 and in Portugal since 2010. Member of the Council of The Bars and Law Societies of The European Union Now working in real estate law, civil law, family law and company and business law.Cases completed: 25
Testimonials for Luis
Alan Breslin, Lisbon
Luis was always ready to help me and I feel he did his best to help my case.
May 14, 2020
Frances Nolan, Portimão
Luis was extremely helpful, he couldn't have done more.
Feb 20, 2020
Michael Hudson, Portimão
Very good communication - kept me informed about progress in a timely manner. Prepared to do whatever was necessary to get the job done. Very friendly ànd efficient.
Jul 22, 2019
Tracey Wicks, Portimao
Nothing was too much trouble for Luis , even all my hundreds of questions , which he answered fully and without hesitation.
Couldn’t have asked for anything more . Excellent service .
Apr 10, 2019
Christopher Stone, Ibiza, Spain
Perfect English. Complete understanding of the problem. Hints and tips. A great help.
Nov 06, 2018
Arthur Goulooze, Albufeira / Amstelveen
Luis was very professional, made a lot of effort, called us many times, so very approachable and really value for money!
I would not know what he could do any better!
Sep 25, 2018
Stephen Hill, England
Excellent service, quick response, understood our requirements.
Would definitely recommend Luis to our friends.
Aug 15, 2018
Mrs Susan Vickery, Silves, Portugal
Good advice, very helpful and fast. Would definitely recommend Luis to friends.
Jun 26, 2018
Dion Nash, Algarve
Our lawyer Luis is bilingual, and was extremely helpful. We received very good service - Luis did everything needed to help me with my case.
I would definitely recommend him to friends.
Jun 05, 2018
Who is this Service for?
If you have already decided on the type of business you want to run, and where you wish to locate it, then the main decision you will need to make is whether you should set it up as a limited company or as a sole trader.
This can be extremely important as you can save a considerable amount of money depending on which option you choose. Both have benefits and drawbacks.
Self-employed is of course cheaper to set-up and less costly to manage since the reporting requirements are lesser than in the case of limited companies.
On the other hand, limited companies do limit your liability in the case of a claim against your business, which depending on the type of business could be the only reason you need to opt for this type of structure. Otherwise, a limited company is rather more flexible when there are a number of partners or when the company has other, more complex attributes.
What does this service consist of?
- Ensure legal interests are protected, especially when creating a company with several partners.
- Drawing-up a notarial contract according to your guidelines, properly prepared and tailored to your objectives.
- Ensuring that your Articles of Association contain all necessary elements.
- Make sure that the application is made in accordance with the requirements of the Commercial Companies Code. With the power of attorney you will have granted to us, on your behalf we will register your company at all Government institutions and offices required by law.
- Applying for company tax and identification numbers.
- Obtaining all necessary documents, permits and approvals.
- Dealing with bank formalities connected with setting up of the company bank account.
- Once completed the registration process, we will draw up all other corporate documents required by the Commercial Companies Code.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.