Business Set-Up in Maspalomas
Esther has practised law in the Canary Islands since 2002 and specialises in civil, commercial, criminal and real estate law. Together with an impressive academic records, which includes a Masters in Urban Planning, she has a very good command of English and German as well as her native Spanish.Cases completed: 60
Testimonials for Esther
Christopher Allen, Las Palmas
Very informative and clear.
Nov 28, 2019
Breda McMahon, Gran Canaria
Esther provided a very professional and efficient service.
I would certainly recommend her!
Jun 25, 2019
Coenraets, Playa Inglés
I was looking for advice about the legal method of splitting the common costs among the owners of a compound. Her advice was very helpful during the owners meeting that I had this afternoon.
Mar 21, 2019
We had excellent service from Esther at Advocate Abroad when buying a property in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
Esther speaks both Spanish and English, and is very friendly, professional and genuine. She took care of the whole purchasing process and explained all the steps for us, including giving advice on Spanish bank account, NIE numbers etc.
We are very pleased with all the help we have received and can highly recommend Esther. Thank you so much!
Apr 13, 2018
Julia Alcock, Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
Esther was very friendly and approachable. She was professional and answered any questions I asked. We would definitely use her again in the future.
Feb 22, 2018
Jackie Stevenson, Gran Canaria
Esther is informative and extremely helpful and above all very professional.
I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
Jul 19, 2017
Who is this Service for?
If you have already decided on the type of business you want to run, and where you wish to locate it, then the main decision you will need to make is whether you should set it up as a limited company or as a sole trader.
This can be extremely important as you can save a considerable amount of money depending on which option you choose. Both have benefits and drawbacks.
Self-employed is of course cheaper to set-up and less costly to manage since the reporting requirements are lesser than in the case of limited companies.
On the other hand, limited companies do limit your liability in the case of a claim against your business, which depending on the type of business could be the only reason you need to opt for this type of structure. Otherwise, a limited company is rather more flexible when there are a number of partners or when the company has other, more complex attributes.
What does this service consist of?
- Ensure legal interests are protected, especially when creating a company with several partners.
- Drawing-up a notarial contract according to your guidelines, properly prepared and tailored to your objectives.
- Ensuring that your Articles of Association contain all necessary elements.
- Make sure that the application is made in accordance with the requirements of the Commercial Companies Code. With the power of attorney you will have granted to us, on your behalf we will register your company at all Government institutions and offices required by law.
- Applying for company tax and identification numbers.
- Obtaining all necessary documents, permits and approvals.
- Dealing with bank formalities connected with setting up of the company bank account.
- Once completed the registration process, we will draw up all other corporate documents required by the Commercial Companies Code.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.