Company Formation in Portugal
Teresa read law at the University of Coimbra. She is specialised in civil law, contracts, property and inheritance case, with more than 10 years representing international clients. She holds a postgraduate degree in Banking, Stock Exchange and Insurance Law and also holds the specialization course leading to the degree of Master of Corporate Law. A well-know speaker, Teresa's research focuses on issues of economic and financial law, as well as fundamental rights. She speaks English fluently.Cases completed: 37
Testimonials for Teresa
Mrs Ruth Rettie, Australia
We found Teresa to be very helpful , supplied useful information regarding getting our Fiscal number, and about getting help with purchasing a property in Portugal.
Oct 01, 2018
Company Formation & Tax Service in Portugal
Given the elevated levels of bureaucracy and red-tape in Portugal, despite more recent efforts to address the issue, it makes sense to have English-speaking business and tax experts available to assist you with your business plans in Portugal - from the start-up phase through to ongoing tax-compliance and HR matters such as processing new employees and Social Security obligations.
Locations Across Portugal
As well as offices in Lisbon, accounting and associated services to our English-speaking clients are also provided via the Advocate Abroad network of offices in Portugal (red markers on main map below). Each of the lawyers on the map of Portugal below are registered and regulated by the Law Society of Portugal and so we are able to offer a truly nationwide service to English-speakers wherever they wish to set-up their business in Portugal.
Tax & Social Security Registration
Our tax experts will assist you to set-up your business in Portugal including company name registration, Mercantile Registry operations and bank account set-up.
Ltd Company Incorporation & Tax Service Features
The Limited Company Incorporation and Tax Service package provides all of the assistance you will need to get set-up and operating in the quickest time possible in Portugal, and includes the following individual services:
- Creation of certificate of Incorporation and Registration with the Companies Registry
- Registration of Company with the AT (Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira - Tax Authority)
- Registration of Company with the Portuguese Social Security system
- Recommendation on the most appropriate fiscal arrangement to ensure taxation levels are optimised
- Resolution of tax enquiries related to the industry sector of the company
- Maintenance of all legally required records (income, expenses, invoicing, assets)
- Completion and presentation of all required tax returns
- Company annual return (abbreviated accounts: balance sheet, profit and loss statement, annual report)
- Ongoing updates on any legislative changes affecting the area of the Company Activities
The cost of registration with the Portuguese Inland Revenue (Autoridade Tributária e Aduaneira) and Social Security system will vary according to the complexity of the corporate structure required, though typically a single director company will cost approx. 600 € + Notary, Commercial Registry and any associate administrative costs.
Ongoing Tax Compliance
In Portugal limited companies are required by law to produce annual accounts, a director's report (which has to include a true and fair view of the company’s affairs, the business trajectory and standing, as well as a list of principal - if any - risks that the company faces, the company’s likely future outlook amongst other matters). The company is also liable for corporation tax.
Fees for this service are available upon request as it will vary according to the number of operations.
The Limited Company Incorporation and Tax Service is ideal for both single person and multi-director Limited Companies in Portugal. Should you have employees then you will want to add the Fully Managed HR & Payroll Service:
Fully Managed HR & Payroll Service
This service includes the following components:
- Initial Set-up according to client's requirements
- Production of Employee Payslips (printed at client site)
- Management & Payment of Employer & Employee Social Security Contributions
- Registration and Removal of Employees from Social Security system
- This service costs €25 per month for the first employee and €20 per additional employee.
All prices are ex-IVA (@ 23%).
Our consultants are registered and regulated by the local Legal or Accounting Society as appropriate and speak fluent English. Therefore, you can be sure that you will obtain timely answers to any queries you may have, in a language that you understand!
For assistance with a company formation in Portugal, please use the contact button below
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.