Drink Driving Offences in Mazarron
Drink Driving Offences in Mazarron: Ensure your peace of mind - browse client testimonials before selecting a lawyer in Mazarron
- María-José, lawyer in MazarronMaria-Jose read Law at the University of Alicante, and in 2004 became a member of The Law Society of Murcia. In 2005 she established her own law firm with offices in the centre of Murcia and maintains offices both there and in Valencia. Maria-Jose acts as Secretary of the Civil Section in the Law Society of Murcia and is a leading member of the legal community. She assists clients with property acquisitions and disposals as well as a full range of civil law matters such as inheritances and family law matters. She speaks English fluently.
Drink Driving Offences
Drink Driving Offences
Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs normally will constitute an administrative infraction, though in certain cases may result in criminal charges. The penalties range from fines to confiscation of your driving license to a prison term or community service.
If the results obtained from the breathalyser test exceed 0.25 milligrams per litre (0.15 for professional drivers and drivers with less than two year's driving experience), the driver will receive a €500 fine. Should the test register an amount above 0.5 milligrams (0.3 for professionals and inexperienced drivers) or if the driver has been fined for the same reason in the previous 12 months, the fine doubles to €1,000. The driver will also lose their driving license for a specified period of time.
Criminal charges for driving while under the influence of alcohol in Spain will be pressed against any driver with a blood-alcohol level in excess of 0.60 milligrams per litre, as measured in a breathalyser test. A criminal offence may also be committed if the driver’s faculties are clearly affected by the ingestion of alcohol or drugs affecting the driver's ability to drive - even where the measured rate is below 0.60 milligrams per litre, or indeed if the driver refuses to take a breathalyser test.
The penalties will depend upon the circumstances of the case, if anyone was injured or killed, if damage was done to property, if it is not a first offence etc and will certainly involve a fine and removal of your driving license as well, potentially, as a community service order or a prison term. You will also have a criminal record.
Do not refuse to take a breathalyser test. To do so is an independent criminal offence, for which you will be charged, in addition to the prior offence of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
What does this service consist of?
- Discussion with an experienced English-speaking criminal lawyer to determine the nature of the charges
- Preparation of the defence strategy
- Negotiation with the public prosecutor
- Representation in court proceedings
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.