English Law: Estate Planning for Expats in Spain
- FrancisFrancisco is a an experienced lawyer with offices in Malaga and the Axarquia. He leads a multi-disciplinary law firm which comprises three lawyers working in different specialised fields. Assistance in all major areas of the law are offered including Property Law & Conveyances, contract breach/debt recovery, business formation and international taxation as well as civil matters such as inheritances and family law, and immigration law.Cases completed: 11
English Law: Estate Planning for Expats
Who is this Service for?
Even if you are an expat living outside the UK your estate may still be subject to inheritance tax in the UK if you are deemed to have UK domicile status or your assets in the UK are above the inheritance tax threshold (currently £325,000). Inheritance tax is charged at 40% of the value of assets above the nil-rate threshold and after any applicable reliefs have been applied. If you are also liable to inheritance or death taxes in your country of residence proper planning will ensure you are not taxed twice and that your family can avoid being tied up in probate for months if not years.
What does this service consist of?
- A solicitor registered with the Law Society of England & Wales will discuss your requirements with you and provide you with a report on the best options to manage your estate, including:
- A tax efficient Will
- Make outright gifts
- Set up a trust, foundation or family holding company
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.