English Law: Estate Planning for Expats in United Arab Emirates
Mark has more than 30 years’ experience as a solicitor in the UK and internationally. He is a full member of STEP, with admittance to practice in the UK and Dubai, and is authorised as a professional trustee by the Malta Financial Services Authority. Mark advises UK and international clients on a broad range of international and domestic matters. He has a proven record of success in assisting non-resident and non-UK domiciled clients. Straightforward and pragmatic in his approach, Mark is tenacious in representing his clients’ best interests and achieving the best possible outcome for them.
English Law: Estate Planning for Expats
Who is this Service for?
Even if you are an expat living outside the UK your estate may still be subject to inheritance tax in the UK if you are deemed to have UK domicile status or your assets in the UK are above the inheritance tax threshold (currently £325,000). Inheritance tax is charged at 40% of the value of assets above the nil-rate threshold and after any applicable reliefs have been applied. If you are also liable to inheritance or death taxes in your country of residence proper planning will ensure you are not taxed twice and that your family can avoid being tied up in probate for months if not years.
What does this service consist of?
- A solicitor registered with the Law Society of England & Wales will discuss your requirements with you and provide you with a report on the best options to manage your estate, including:
- A tax efficient Will
- Make outright gifts
- Set up a trust, foundation or family holding company
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.