Divorce in Istanbul
Having lived and studied in a number of countries such as the USA, Japan, Belgium and Russia, ilkay has an international background that makes him ideal for assisting English-speaking clients in Turkey. Specialising in business law, property matters and immigration, ilkay speaks fluent English and is a registered and regulated lawyer in Istanbul.Cases completed: 13
Testimonials for Ilkay
Abu Bokkor, Turkey
I found them to be very reliable and responsive when providing their service.
Jun 29, 2020
Kubra is a partner in her law firm which has offices in Istanbul and Izmit. Kubra and her firm focuses primarily in the areas of Corporate Law, Inheritance and Family Law. Her firm also regularly advises on Litigation (labor law, debt recovery, breach of contract, liability and corporate conflicts ), She also represents multinational corporate clients on regulatory compliance matters, particularly in the areas of corporate, trade and customs and real estate property matters. she is a registered arbitrator and a sworn translator and interpreter.Cases completed: 21
Testimonials for Kübra
Janos Lukacs, Istanbul
Prompt, excellent client and advocate skills.
Oct 01, 2019
Sandy , Istanbul
She was available by phone whenever I needed her!
Aug 31, 2019
Ritchie Ross-Forrester, London
Kubra was fantastic.
She immediately started to communicate with me via WhatsApp which was very helpful and I could speak to over the phone to get updates any time. This was a massive contrast to other lawyers I spoke to in Turkey.
I instantly felt that I could trust her and would recommend her services to anyone. I will be keeping her details very close to hand.
Sep 24, 2018
Meltem graduated from Ankara Law Faculty and pursued a master’s (LL.M.) in the Netherlands and France. Having worked for top tier law firms in Ankara and Istanbul, Meltem has founded her law firm in Istanbul and Mugla. She works on disputes relating to commercial law, labour law, consumer law, inheritance and family law, contract law, real estate matters, IP and data protection law. She also has a solid background in criminal law. She is a sworn translator and interpreter.
Who is this Service for?
For anyone who wishes to initiate, or who needs to respond to, divorce proceedings or other family law proceedings including separation and annulment.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion with a specialist lawyer to understand the current position and options for next steps
- If initiating divorce proceedings, possibility to refer case to an Advocate Abroad solicitor registered by the Law Societies in the UK to provide consultation on whether divorce proceedings may take place in the UK
- If proceedings in UK not possible or desired, filing of the divorce petition to the local Courts or formal legal response if responding to a petition for divorce in the local Courts
- Certificate of English law arranged if applying English-law to the foreign divorce proceedings
- Negotiation of all terms of the divorce settlement
- Drafting/Review of the divorce agreement
- Division and distribution of Matrimonial Assets
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.