Product Liability in Turin
My training path as a criminal lawyer unfolds through either domestic or comparative and international law, through both academic and professional experiences. Among the former, following the graduation in Law at the University of Turin with a comparative thesis on the issue of mental capacity in Civil Law and Common Law systems, I completed a Master of Laws (LL.M) at the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute with a final thesis on the comparative criminal procedure, postgraduate courses at the Academy of Public and Private International Law of The Hague and made research as Assistant Professor at Turin University for the International Law and International Organisations course. I qualified as a Lawyer and became a member of Turin Bar Association in 2009. In 2014 I qualified as Solicitor for the Senior Courts of England and Wales and therefore I became a member of the Solicitors Regulation Authority and of the Law Society of London. Among professional experiences in 2007 I had the unique opportunity to take active part to the trial of the Khmer Rouge regime leaders ongoing before the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia, being a member of the Co-Prosecutors’Office at the UNAKRT (United Nations Assistance to Khmer Rouge Trial). The year after I became a counsel for the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) in Turin. After several enriching international experiences I settled in Turin, where I work as a qualified lawyer. I am associate to the law firm VBSM_Vinai-Bonatti-Sattanino-Maldera, dealing mainly with criminal law and company law with the consequent international implications (I am also a member of PEOPIL – Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers). I therefore also work on damage compensation issues for personal injuries and the protection of the compensatory interests of victims of major trauma, road traffic accidents, workplace accidents, occupational diseases and medical malpractice either from a compensatory or from a criminal point of view.
Who is this Service for?
Product liability may arise when a customer suffers loss or damage as a result of a defective product. The problem occurs thousands of times each year across Europe and the wider world and it is imperative to obtain a successful ruling to avoid the possibility of severe financial consequences.
What does this service consist of?
- An Initial assessment of the circumstances of the case by a specialist English-speaking lawyer
- A report to outline whether an action for damages would be valid and where the liability would lie (manufacturer, distributor, vendor)
- Negotiation with the legal representatives of the party that has allegedly suffered damage or loss as a result of a defective product
- Representation in any legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution processes
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.