Trademarks in Cyprus
Michalis' practice focuses on Civil Litigation, Professional Responsibility, Real Estate Law, Administration Law, Immigration Law, Admiralty Law and Corporate Law. He is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association since 2010. Michalis provides many international and domestic clients with a variety of legal services, insurance claims, negotiation with employees, labour disputes resolution etc
Who is this Service for?
Any business may wish to apply to create a trademark that will protect the usage of – and accrue benefits from - aspects of their business which might involve specific logos, words or other distinctive features of their business. In short, a trademark can protect those features which together form a brand. Often, this can be one of the most valuable intangible assets of a company and it is vitally important to protect and, on occasions, defend.
What does this service consist of?
- If you wish to register a trademark, a specialist English-speaking lawyer in the field will assist you with this process by making the initial application and carrying-out all follow-up until the trademark is registered. Registration can be at the national or European level.
- If you believe that an existing trademark has been infringed, then an initial consultation will be provided so that the specialist lawyer can determine if an infringement has taken place and then discuss the process for obtaining relief and/or suitable remedies
- Negotiation with those parties who are infringing the trademark, as well as representation in formal legal proceedings if such parties fail to desist and/or fail to redress any injury or loss suffered
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.