Trademarks in Cyprus
Poly has been working as a partner in her own law firm for the last 7 years with a focus on civil and criminal litigation, corporate law, family law, contracts, probate, and land acquisition. Previously she attended the University of Nottingham Nottingham, UK where she graduated in Law and obtained a Masters in Maritime law at the University of Derby. Poly is native speaker in Greek, fluent in English, and a beginner in Japanese.
Who is this Service for?
Any business may wish to apply to create a trademark that will protect the usage of – and accrue benefits from - aspects of their business which might involve specific logos, words or other distinctive features of their business. In short, a trademark can protect those features which together form a brand. Often, this can be one of the most valuable intangible assets of a company and it is vitally important to protect and, on occasions, defend.
What does this service consist of?
- If you wish to register a trademark, a specialist English-speaking lawyer in the field will assist you with this process by making the initial application and carrying-out all follow-up until the trademark is registered. Registration can be at the national or European level.
- If you believe that an existing trademark has been infringed, then an initial consultation will be provided so that the specialist lawyer can determine if an infringement has taken place and then discuss the process for obtaining relief and/or suitable remedies
- Negotiation with those parties who are infringing the trademark, as well as representation in formal legal proceedings if such parties fail to desist and/or fail to redress any injury or loss suffered
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.