Trademarks in Spain
Maria-Jose read Law at the University of Alicante, and in 2004 became a member of The Law Society of Murcia. In 2005 she established her own law firm with offices in the centre of Murcia and maintains offices both there and in Valencia. Maria-Jose acts as Secretary of the Civil Section in the Law Society of Murcia and is a leading member of the legal community. She assists clients with property acquisitions and disposals as well as a full range of civil law matters such as inheritances and family law matters. She speaks English fluently.
Testimonials for María-José
Patricia Wheatley , Murcia
Maria was very helpful and sorted my problem within a week, I was very pleased with how much information I was given and the very quick replies to any questions I had.
Feb 03, 2020
I’m very happy with the way Maria dealt with everything,I would definitely contact Maria if I ever needed her services again 😃
Nov 27, 2019
Thijs Lethbridge, Murcia
Maria is an extremely competent and professional lawyer, she helped with all aspects of work involved even going above and beyond in her line of duty. I will definitely use her again if I require a lawyer. Brilliant experience.
Oct 23, 2019
Michael Harrison, Urb. Camposol Mazarron Murcia
Maria was extremely helpful and professional, and put herself out to satisfy my needs.
I contacted her on a number of occasions and always had very good advise on costs etc.
Her English was impeccable and could always be understood.
Jul 27, 2018
Who is this Service for?
Any business may wish to apply to create a trademark that will protect the usage of – and accrue benefits from - aspects of their business which might involve specific logos, words or other distinctive features of their business. In short, a trademark can protect those features which together form a brand. Often, this can be one of the most valuable intangible assets of a company and it is vitally important to protect and, on occasions, defend.
What does this service consist of?
- If you wish to register a trademark, a specialist English-speaking lawyer in the field will assist you with this process by making the initial application and carrying-out all follow-up until the trademark is registered. Registration can be at the national or European level.
- If you believe that an existing trademark has been infringed, then an initial consultation will be provided so that the specialist lawyer can determine if an infringement has taken place and then discuss the process for obtaining relief and/or suitable remedies
- Negotiation with those parties who are infringing the trademark, as well as representation in formal legal proceedings if such parties fail to desist and/or fail to redress any injury or loss suffered
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.