General Litigation in Paris
Avi is a Lawyer to the Paris Bar (2003), With particular focus on the fields of Employment Law, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Business Law. Together with 8 colleagues and 3 Jurists this firm have considerable experience in the aforementioned areas of law, dealing with over 2 000 clients to date. Avi is a former elected Representative of the Paris Bar Council (2010 to 2015) and former elected Representative of the National Council of French Bars Councils.
Caroline began her career in well known French & English law firms, such as HMN & Partners, Elborne Mitchell, 5 Essex Court Chambers and Atkin Chambers, where she practised in insurance, construction and litigation fields, specifically insurance and reinsurance law relating to industrial risks, civil liability (contracts, tort, professional matters or defective products) and transport law. She took the oath in 2009 and works in both French and English in civil and commercial matters relating to construction issues, general insurance, industrial risk issues, product liability cases, property and equine law.
Who is this Service for?
At it's root, litigation involves the assertion of - or alternatively, the defence of - certain rights or obligations as between two parties. It covers a wide spectrum of situations involving individuals, companies and often both, where customers are involved.
It can be difficult to know whether any particular claim would be valid and whether it is likely to be successful - two different things entirely. In general, a claim may arise where loss, damage or injury has been suffered as a result of an action – or failure to act – by another party (individual, company, local authority etc.) who has a responsibility - either in contract or in law - towards the party who has suffered the loss, damage or injury.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial assessment by a specialist lawyer of the circumstances of the case to determine if the defendant has a responsibility towards the plaintiff such that a legal claim may be made
- Undertake negotiations with the other party and/or their legal representatives
- Agree an amicable resolution with or without the payment of damages or initiate/defend legal proceedings
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.