Contested Will in Cyprus
Demetris obtained his law degree from the University of Derby, and has since worked extensively in the Commercial & Corporate sector. Demetris has establish a boutique law firm based in Nicosia specialising in the areas of corporate & commercial transactions, intellectual property, shipping, investments, immigration and Cyprus Citizenships and Residency. His firm works extensively with international clients and high net worth individuals including financial institutions and corporate service providers and works very closely with other professionals such as Tax, accounting and audit consultants.
Testimonials for Demetris
Emily Roussos, Nicosia
Present, helpful and professional!
Feb 05, 2020
Duane Johnson, Nicosia
Demetris was very helpful and kept in contact with me through the whole process. Very helpful and accommodating.
Nov 11, 2019
Who is this Service for?
Contesting a Will can be fraught with difficulty - not to mention emotion - given that an individual may likely be asserting a right to inherit against another family member. The ability to contest a Will depends very much on the circumstances of the case and the applicable law.
This becomes more complex once again when considered in an international context. There may be conflicting jurisprudence as to which laws apply, nevermind what those laws actually state. Often the grounds for varying a Will would relate to undue influence on the intestator by a beneficiary named in the Will though in European jurisdictions, a child of the deceased may have a right to a portion of the estate in a system known as forced heirs, and any failure to inherit the minimum portion assigned by law, could give rise to a right to contest the Will.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial consultation with a specialist lawyer to determine your rights under national and/or international law to contest a Will
- Communication with other interested parties and relevant authorities on your behalf to have the terms of the Will changed
- Representation in legal proceedings where required to ensure a variation of the terms of the Will and the registration of rightful interests in the estate
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.