Commercial Lettings in Spain
Encarnación has more than 20 years of experience working as a lawyer in Spain. She is specialized in Corporate Law, with a long-standing experience in Family Law, Immigration and Property Law. Her most notable qualities include excellent negotiating skills, her unwavering professionalism, and the knowledge that shes providing a top-notch, all-round legal service to each and every client.
- Alcala La Real
- Alicante City
- El Campello
- Granada City
- La Manga Del Mar Menor
- Las Palmas
- Los Alcázares
- Los Cristianos
- Madrid City
- Malaga City
- Murcia City
- Orihuela Costa
- Palma De Mallorca
- Playa Blanca
- Puerto Del Rosario
- Seville City
- Torre Del Mar
- Valencia City
- Velez Malaga
Who is this Service for?
Many of our clients need to establish premises in order to do business – this can by either a store, for retail operations or an office for other types of business. In either case we can help you to organise the relevant real estate professionals as well as the legal aspects of such operations including lease review.
What does this service consist of?
- Information on appropriate locations for business location locally
- Assistance to enlist appropriate real estate agencies.
- Attendance with clients to viewings of premises
- Review of the Tenancy Agreement and signature.
- Help with utility companies.
- Assistance with Temporary or Permanent Residence application, where required
- Full Accounting, Tax & HR Service available
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.