Forced Property Sale in Italy
Marco is a dedicated and motivated professional, with several years of successful international legal experience. Specifically he has experience in the Italian, English and French legal systems having spent time working in law firms in each country. Marco is a native Italian speaker and is also fluent in English and French. Marco provides international clients with expert advice and assistance in matters of property and business as well as any legal issues relating to fine art.
Testimonials for Marco
Michael Morgan, Padova
Marco was able to resolve my problem within 10 days, where it took me over 2 months getting nowhere with the facility we bought our Murano set in Venice, Italy.
Nov 01, 2019
Chris Rye, Chelmsford, England
On occasions it took a little longer than we had hoped in obtaining a reply, however we do appreciate and understand that this was probably due to being away from the office, possibly in Court, or with other clients - not a criticism just an observation.
There are no improvements we can suggest, save to say, we would use Marco in the future if required.
Oct 29, 2019
Forced Property Sale
Who is this Service for?
A common problem faced by separating couples is, what to do with the foreign holiday home. Sometimes the couple decide to put the property in the name of one, while the other takes an equivalent property elsewhere. On other occasions, agreement is not possible, and one co-owner wishes to divest themselves of an asset that they maybe they no longer use. However, without the agreement of their co-owner, this is complex. A forced sale is possible, but expensive.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer specialising in property law to determine the co-owners specific situation and advice on the options available
- Attempt negotiation with the other co-owner to try to reach an agreement to sell the property, it being in everyone’s financial interest
- Upon failure to reach agreement, legal proceedings can be initiated to obtain a Court Order to force a sale of the property at public auction
- A public auction is to be avoided as a very low bid can potentially take the property – potentially by the other co-owner - which is why we recommend that your lawyer attends the auction on your behalf to monitor the auction.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.