Forced Property Sale in Portimão
Graduated at Universidade São Judas Tadeu, Brazil, in 1997, MBA by Fundação Getúlio Vargas and Chicago University in 2010. Licensed lawyer in Brazil since 1998 and in Portugal since 2010. Member of the Council of The Bars and Law Societies of The European Union Now working in real estate law, civil law, family law and company and business law.
Testimonials for Luis
Frances Nolan, Portimão
Luis was extremely helpful, he couldn't have done more.
Feb 20, 2020
Michael Hudson, Portimão
Very good communication - kept me informed about progress in a timely manner. Prepared to do whatever was necessary to get the job done. Very friendly ànd efficient.
Jul 22, 2019
Tracey Wicks, Portimao
Nothing was too much trouble for Luis , even all my hundreds of questions , which he answered fully and without hesitation.
Couldn’t have asked for anything more . Excellent service .
Apr 10, 2019
Christopher Stone, Ibiza, Spain
Perfect English. Complete understanding of the problem. Hints and tips. A great help.
Nov 06, 2018
Arthur Goulooze, Albufeira / Amstelveen
Luis was very professional, made a lot of effort, called us many times, so very approachable and really value for money!
I would not know what he could do any better!
Sep 25, 2018
Stephen Hill, England
Excellent service, quick response, understood our requirements.
Would definitely recommend Luis to our friends.
Aug 15, 2018
Mrs Susan Vickery, Silves, Portugal
Good advice, very helpful and fast. Would definitely recommend Luis to friends.
Jun 26, 2018
Dion Nash, Algarve
Our lawyer Luis is bilingual, and was extremely helpful. We received very good service - Luis did everything needed to help me with my case.
I would definitely recommend him to friends.
Jun 05, 2018
Forced Property Sale
Who is this Service for?
A common problem faced by separating couples is, what to do with the foreign holiday home. Sometimes the couple decide to put the property in the name of one, while the other takes an equivalent property elsewhere. On other occasions, agreement is not possible, and one co-owner wishes to divest themselves of an asset that they maybe they no longer use. However, without the agreement of their co-owner, this is complex. A forced sale is possible, but expensive.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer specialising in property law to determine the co-owners specific situation and advice on the options available
- Attempt negotiation with the other co-owner to try to reach an agreement to sell the property, it being in everyone’s financial interest
- Upon failure to reach agreement, legal proceedings can be initiated to obtain a Court Order to force a sale of the property at public auction
- A public auction is to be avoided as a very low bid can potentially take the property – potentially by the other co-owner - which is why we recommend that your lawyer attends the auction on your behalf to monitor the auction.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.