Forced Property Sale in Spain
Offices: Fuengirola, CórdobaAngela has over 20 years experience as a practising lawyer in Spain. She has assisted English-speaking clients throughout her career in property matters, business law, immigration as we as the areas that so often touch on foreign residents' lives such as family law and inheritance matters.Views Services Available in our Fuengirola Office
Forced Property Sale
Who is this Service for?
A common problem faced by separating couples is, what to do with the foreign holiday home. Sometimes the couple decide to put the property in the name of one, while the other takes an equivalent property elsewhere. On other occasions, agreement is not possible, and one co-owner wishes to divest themselves of an asset that they maybe they no longer use. However, without the agreement of their co-owner, this is complex. A forced sale is possible, but expensive.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer specialising in property law to determine the co-owners specific situation and advice on the options available
- Attempt negotiation with the other co-owner to try to reach an agreement to sell the property, it being in everyone’s financial interest
- Upon failure to reach agreement, legal proceedings can be initiated to obtain a Court Order to force a sale of the property at public auction
- A public auction is to be avoided as a very low bid can potentially take the property – potentially by the other co-owner - which is why we recommend that your lawyer attends the auction on your behalf to monitor the auction.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.