Property Purchase in Oviedo
Miguel has accumulated a great deal of experience practising as a lawyer for more than 16 years. He is an expert in all aspects of commercial and employment law, working extensively with international businesses that have Spanish employees. He appears on the register of civil and employment law mediators and is authorised by the Spanish government to mediate in civil and commercial disputes.
Testimonials for Miguel
Chris Ealand, Oviedo
I am so satisfied and impressed by the the blend of professionalism and humanity Miguel has shown me. He has earned my complete trust in all matters.
He keeps in contact and replies quickly and even on weekends. Plus has a wonderful feel for his clients as to their needs. I cannot thank him enough for all his help.
Nov 27, 2019
Leigh Hossbach, Oviedo
I would wholly recommend Miguel to anybody contemplating a house purchase in the Asturias area of Spain. His pricing was competitive and adapted to my particular requirements.
He consulted with other professionals (including the council) to help determine the expansion and future building possibilities of the land. He also undertook the necessary checks to establish there was no outstanding debt tied to the property.
Compared to UK solicitors Miguel was very much more approachable and would always respond to my queries and deliver frequent progress reports at any time of the day including weekends.
Given the complexity of the Spanish notary system it is essential you have a local solicitor who knows all the variations associated with the Asturian conveyancing system to guide you towards a successful outcome.
Even though I had a reasonable understanding of Spanish Miguel's excellent written and spoken English proved invaluable at all stages of the conveyancing process in particular the final signing of the deeds. Well done Miguel and many thanks for all your help!
Aug 17, 2019
Daphne Zargar, Detroit, USA
Miguel was awesome! Super responsive, extended my knowledge and put me totally at ease through the process of buying a house in Galicia.
I felt my interests were put first in the process and protected and would definitely recommend Miguel with full confidence.
Jul 20, 2019
Daniel Spitzhorn, Spain
Miguel in Oviedo helped us during the process of buying a flat in Asturias. He was just brilliant!
Aug 14, 2018
Nick Nicolaou, Oviedo
Very Satisfied with Miguel's work. He was very helpful and we would definitely use his services again in the future.
Feb 20, 2018
Who is this Service for?
Buying property abroad is a very popular activity but can be fraught with dangers. Given that the purchase of a property is one of the most important investments that most people will make in their lifetime, it is crucial to be advised by an independent expert.
What does this service consist of?
- Review of the purchase contract.
- Management of negotiations and counter-offers.
- Verification that the seller is able to pass good title.
- Registry search to ensure property free of any charges or other mortgages.
- Ensure outstanding taxes on the property are up-to-date before transfer.
- Make sure that all items included in the sale (fixtures and fittings etc.).
- Attendance and assistance when signing the deeds of the property.
- Management of negotiations and counter-offers
- In depth information about schools, sports clubs, shops, cultural organisations, etc.
- Payment of stamp duty.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.