Property Sale 3% Reclaim in Spain
Encarnación has more than 20 years of experience working as a lawyer in Spain. She is specialized in Corporate Law, with a long-standing experience in Family Law, Immigration and Property Law. Her most notable qualities include excellent negotiating skills, her unwavering professionalism, and the knowledge that shes providing a top-notch, all-round legal service to each and every client.
Testimonials for Encarnación Mercedes
kenneth Quinn, Alcala La Real
Encarnacion was very able to understand the problem and deal with it in a extremely direct manner.
From first meeting to conclusion an excellent professional person!
Jun 12, 2020
- Alcala La Real
- Alicante City
- El Campello
- Granada City
- La Manga Del Mar Menor
- Las Palmas
- Los Alcázares
- Madrid City
- Malaga City
- Murcia City
- Palma De Mallorca
- Seville City
- Torre Del Mar
- Valencia City
- Velez Malaga
Property Sale 3% Reclaim
Who is this Service for?
When a non-resident owner of a property in Spain sells their property, the purchaser is obliged by law to deposit 3% of the purchase price directly with the Spanish tax authority (AETA) in lieu of payment of all taxes due on the property ownership. So, this is the Spanish government’s way of ensuring that vendors pay Capital Gains tax and also any non-resident property tax. While this service is frequently offered by unqualified individuals in the property sector, it can often be a mistake to rely on them as the procedure is rather more complex than they may have anticipated and requires a good understanding of taxation and of course a high level of Spanish.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer specialising in property law to determine the amount that may be reclaimed
- Submission of any missing returns to the AEAT, if necessary
- Submission of reclaim of 3% withholding tax
- Payment of the relevant amount to the vendor’s bank account
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.