Property Sale 3% Reclaim in Spain
Property Sale 3% Reclaim in Spain - See previous clients' reviews before choosing a property lawyer in Spain
Vera is a dual qualified Spanish and Italian lawyer with 20 years of experience in property and conveyancing, commercial and tax law, wills and inheritance, international contracts, tourism and timeshare law, civil, administrative and international private law. Languages: English (full professional proficiency), Spanish (bilingual proficiency), Italian (native proficiency), French (professional working proficiency) and German (elementary proficiency).
- Alicante City
- El Campello
- Granada City
- La Manga Del Mar Menor
- Las Palmas
- Los Alcázares
- Los Cristianos
- Madrid City
- Malaga City
- Murcia City
- Orihuela Costa
- Palma De Mallorca
- Playa Blanca
- Puerto Del Rosario
- San Sebastian
- Seville City
- Torre Del Mar
- Valencia City
- Velez Malaga
Property Sale 3% Reclaim
Who is this Service for?
When a non-resident owner of a property in Spain sells their property, the purchaser is obliged by law to deposit 3% of the purchase price directly with the Spanish tax authority (AETA) in lieu of payment of all taxes due on the property ownership. So, this is the Spanish government’s way of ensuring that vendors pay Capital Gains tax and also any non-resident property tax. While this service is frequently offered by unqualified individuals in the property sector, it can often be a mistake to rely on them as the procedure is rather more complex than they may have anticipated and requires a good understanding of taxation and of course a high level of Spanish.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion with an English-speaking lawyer specialising in property law to determine the amount that may be reclaimed
- Submission of any missing returns to the AEAT, if necessary
- Submission of reclaim of 3% withholding tax
- Payment of the relevant amount to the vendor’s bank account
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.