Rental Deposit Return in Portugal
Teresa read law at the University of Coimbra. She is specialised in civil law, contracts, property and inheritance case, with more than 10 years representing international clients. She holds a postgraduate degree in Banking, Stock Exchange and Insurance Law and also holds the specialization course leading to the degree of Master of Corporate Law. A well-know speaker, Teresa's research focuses on issues of economic and financial law, as well as fundamental rights. She speaks English fluently.
Testimonials for Teresa
Mrs Ruth Rettie, Australia
We found Teresa to be very helpful , supplied useful information regarding getting our Fiscal number, and about getting help with purchasing a property in Portugal.
Oct 01, 2018
Rental Deposit Return
Who is this Service for?
Unfortunately an all too common occurrence in Mediterranean countries is for unscrupulous landlords to refuse to return a deposit paid by a tenant in good faith, for some spurious reason relating to supposed damages caused to the property during the tenancy.
What does this service consist of?
- Analysis of the circumstances of the non-repayment of the deposit money
- Review of the lease agreement
- Communication with the landlord to attempt to persuade them to return the deposit
- If not possible to convince the landlord to return the deposit, the only remaining remedy is to initiate legal proceedings against the landlord
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.