Immigration in Portugal
Teresa read law at the University of Coimbra. She is specialised in civil law, contracts, property and inheritance case, with more than 10 years representing international clients. She holds a postgraduate degree in Banking, Stock Exchange and Insurance Law and also holds the specialization course leading to the degree of Master of Corporate Law. A well-know speaker, Teresa's research focuses on issues of economic and financial law, as well as fundamental rights. She speaks English fluently.Cases completed: 46
Testimonials for Teresa
Rachel Stevenson, Peniche
Teresa is very responsive and anticipates any questions we might have. She is also very good at explaining issues thoroughly and highlighting areas that will need closer inspection or caution.
I would definitely recommend her services.
Jul 27, 2020
Alex Anderson, Coimbra
Teresa is an actual profesional. She detected problems and possible dangers, saving me a lot of money and stress. I have a lawyer now that i know represents my interests. This means i have peace of mind and someone to go to for help.
I really could not do this without Teresa. first place, first class lawyer. I will remain a client and in the future when I start a company I will rest easily knowing Teresa is protecting and advising me. Thank you again.
Jul 22, 2020
Claire Maciel, Portimão
Teresa was very professional & friendly, I felt at ease with her immediately, I wish to thank her for all her help during a difficult time in my life.
Jun 20, 2020
Mrs Ruth Rettie, Australia
We found Teresa to be very helpful , supplied useful information regarding getting our Fiscal number, and about getting help with purchasing a property in Portugal.
Oct 01, 2018
Who is this Service for?
Those who have chosen to settle in a foreign country must go through a series of legal procedures beginning with application for a Visa (in non-EU citizen) through to arranging local ID and registration for various services (for all citizens). A lot of time and money can be wasted on not knowing what you are supposed to do, and relying on information about processes that may no longer be valid, since immigration is quite notorious for changing rules and procedures. Having a local expert who speaks the language and has great experience of dealing with the immigration authorities will greatly reduce the stress and hassle involved
What does this service consist of?
- Provision of up-to-date advice and support with making the Visa application
- Managing all local procedures required to be carried-out by those settling in a country following the formal immigration process, including:
- Arranging ID cards/numbers for EU Citizens
- Community Family Card for non-EU family members,
- Registration with local authorities and health services
- Referral to other services provided by Advocate Abroad such as legal support with residential and commercial lettings, estate agent partners to assist with location of suitable places to live and do business
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.