- ErardoErardo is an experienced English-speaking lawyer in Lanzarote. For over 10 years he has provided expert legal advice to English-speakers in matters relating to Property Law & Conveyances, Contract Law, Business Formation, Negligence and Family Law.
- Ordinary Meeting: The Community of Owners must meet at least once a year to approve the accounts/expenses of the Community, relating to upkeep and maintenance etc
- Extraordinary Meeting: In addition, the Community can meet ad hoc in the following circumstances:
- Whenever the President considers appropriate
- When requested by one-quarter of the owners or by the owners that represent one-quarter of the total ownership
With regard to the notifications of a Community meeting, these should be carried-out by the President or, if this is not possible, by those Owners who wish to call the meeting, and it should include the following information: 1º) The matters to be discussed, 2º) The place, date and time of the meeting.
If at the agreed time there is not a quorum, a second meeting may be held, not less than half-an-hour later, where a quorum is not required for the meeting to go ahead. It is also possible to have a meeting without any such notification, where being already present all owners, they decide to hold the meeting.
In order that the Meeting be considered valid, the law establishes that in the initially convened meeting, the majority of the owners who represent the majority of the ownership quotient must agree to the meeting. In the later convened meeting, any number of owners that agree to the meeting is sufficient.
The owners may attend the meeting either personally or via a legal representative or volunteer (as a simple representative or with a power of attorney), bearing in mind that in the case where the owner is represented by an individual with a power of attorney, such power of attorney need not be signed in a Public Notary, and need only be an informally written authorisation, signed by the owner that approves their representation at the meeting. If the property (apartment or commercial unit) is owned by a number of different owners, they should designate one to attend the meeting.
- Unanimity ie all of the Community of owners representing the entire ownership, for any resolution that implies the modification of the deeds constituting the Community of Owners or of the statutes.
- Agreement of three-fifths of the owners, who represent three-fifths of the ownership quotient, to establish or remove a porter service, Community Office, security or other communal services, rental of communal elements of the Community that do not have a specific assigned use within the building, and to establish or remove systems or equipment that improves the building’s energy or water efficiency. For the rental of common elements of the Community building, the consent of any owner directly affected, if any, is additionally required.
- Agreement of a majority of Owners that represent a majority of the ownership quotient, is required to carry-out refurbishment or maintenance works or establish any service that involves the elimination of any architectural barriers that makes access for the disabled difficult, such as adding an elevator.
- Agreement of one-third of the owners, who represent one-third of the ownership quotient, to install infrastructure relating to communal telecommunication, solar energy systems or utility power companies.
- Agreement of a majority of Owners that represent a majority of the ownership quotient for any other resolution in the first convened meeting and a simple majority in any second convened meeting.
It is understood that those Owners, notified of the meeting, who do not attend, nor are represented by a proxy, are in favour of any resolution agreed by the meeting, where they do not register their disagreement with the Secretary of the Community of Owners within a period of 30 days. Excepted from this general rule are those resolutions approving the installation of services, the cost of which may not be transferred to those Owners who did not vote in favour or resolutions related to services that are in fact private and are not communal.
Those Owners that, at the beginning of the meeting, are in debt to the Community with regard to Community payments, may participate in the Community meeting but they may not vote unless the debt has been set-aside by a Court of law or if they have paid said amount into Court or via Notary in the name of the Community of Owners.
The resolutions adopted by the meeting of the Community of Owners shall be documented in a Book of Minutes, provided by the Register of the Property and maintained by the Community of Owner’s Secretary. The resolutions must be signed by the Community President and Secretary at the termination of the meeting or within 10 days.
Below is a list of recent reviews received from our clients, obtained via the Wufoo client survey platform:
- Caroline R, BarcelonaTuesday, April 24, 2018Miguel has been great!
His English is excellent, he explains everything clearly, emails when he says he will, and is very efficient in the service he provides.
I'd definitely recommend him to ...friends.
- George Salib, LondonMonday, April 23, 2018Jose Antonio was very professional and has assisted me in every step of the purchase of my flat in Alicante.
He also assisted me by advising of the most suitable area according to my needs. His com...mitment and dedication is excellent.
Jose Antonio was very easy to approach and happy to help in any way he can.
I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
- Liezl Pulido, PhilippinesMonday, April 23, 2018Rosa never stopped working very hard, she went way above what she needed to do...she never gave up on me and always did more than I thought anyone would.
I am so blessed I got Rosa to help me I co...uldn't have gotten a better lawyer she's the best.
Thank you Rosa from the bottom of my heart you are a wonderful person, I am so grateful to you.
- KJB, United KingdomFriday, April 20, 2018Francisco was professional and efficient. Very good value for money.
- Julie Smith, TorrellanoFriday, April 20, 2018I can't compliment my solicitor enough.
From our initial meeting right through to my ultimate divorce (with no unpleasant surprises the entire duration of the entire process), he immediately respo...nded to my many enquiries, always had mine and my daughter's best interests at the forefront of any considerations and was well worth every penny of his extremely reasonable fee.
Excellent value for money, totally approachable and very professional and understanding. I highly recommend him and will continue to retain his services for other matters in the future.
- SH, EnglandFriday, April 20, 2018Very satisfied with the service provided. Miguel was approachable and prompt in replying.
- Vicky S, UKTuesday, April 17, 2018Alvaro answered my emails and all my questions efficiently and helped me were I did not understand through the whole process of moving the tenant and selling the property and arranging and introducing... an estate agent.
He has exceeded my expectations after being let down by previous lawyers in Spain when its been a very traumatic time for me.
- Pernilla, LondonFriday, April 13, 2018We had excellent service from Esther at Advocate Abroad when buying a property in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
Esther speaks both Spanish and English, and is very friendly, professional and genuine. ...She took care of the whole purchasing process and explained all the steps for us, including giving advice on Spanish bank account, NIE numbers etc.
We are very pleased with all the help we have received and can highly recommend Esther. Thank you so much!
- David Pratt, Alhaurin del GrandeFriday, April 13, 2018Alvaro gives me confidence that he understands the issue and gives me practical solutions. He works rapidly and efficiently. I would strongly recommend his services.
- ESP, LondonWednesday, March 28, 2018Cristina was extremely helpful, she couldn't have done more. Her English is sufficient and I would definitely recommend her to friend.
- L Marshall, LondonWednesday, March 28, 2018Rosa was excellent. Very efficient and professional.
Responsive and always available. Extremely helpful - we did not understand the process and she guided us through.
We would not hesitate to ...recommend her.
- Phil Loughton, Las Lagunas de MijasTuesday, March 20, 2018Alvaro was extremely helpful and the simple process I needed managed was dealt with quickly and efficiently. I would certainly recommend him to friends.
- John Burchell, Arroyo De la MielTuesday, March 20, 2018Alvaro was very professional, helpful and friendly. Understood things quickly. Explained things well in English. Very easy to contact at any time.
- A. Kavanagh, GlasgowThursday, March 15, 2018Miguel provided a great service and fully explained to me about the procedures with tax & business registration. My emails and questions where always answered straight away with an immediate response ...or solution.
Very helpful and very friendly I would definitely recommend to anyone considering using Advocate Abroad
- Robert Davies, MallorcaMonday, March 12, 2018Very supportive and clear on producing a suitable divorce settlement. Efficient, understanding and professional.
- A.Kavanagh, GlasgowFriday, March 09, 2018Rosa was exceptional at helping me setting up my business abroad.
This was a big move for me and Rosa fully explained everything to me in detail so I had a full and clear understanding of the lega...l side of things as well as always promptly responding to any emails or questions I had.
I couldn’t of asked for a better lawyer and I would 100% recommend Rosa to anyone who is deciding to move abroad.
Great service could not be happier.
- Adam Clark, TenerifeFriday, March 09, 2018Oliver was very professional. He explained things very clearly and honestly at all times and in the end we got the best result possible in my particular case.
Many thanks to him for his high level ...of service.
- Patrick Martel, CanadaWednesday, March 07, 2018For being in another country and all our back and forth communicating over emails .. I thought Rosa did a brilliant job. Thankfully she was able to help where no one else was willing ..
- Robert Scott, UKWednesday, March 07, 2018First class service. Rosa's professionalism, advice and patience were all exemplary! Keep up the good work. Will certainly recommend the service to friends!
- Martina, PlymouthMonday, March 05, 2018Erardo was fantastic and helped immensely during a very difficult situation.
He consulted with my lawyer in the UK and explained to her what needed done. Without him the situation would not have be...en resolved. He was very understanding and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him. Outstanding.
- M Pearce, MarbellaMonday, March 05, 2018Miguel was extremely helpful, he couldn't have done more:
Always kept us updated on the progress of our purchase
Always responded to emails in a professional and timely manner
Always explained to... our understanding all aspects of the legalities about the purchase
Very approachable,courteous and professional
So much better to deal with than UK property lawyers!
- Tony, LondonWednesday, February 28, 2018The service I received from nada was very helpful.
The tasks were completed to the highest standard and would definitely use her services again in the future. All correspondence was received in a ...very timely manner. Highly recommended.
- Holly, LanzaroteFriday, February 23, 2018The divorce process could have been explained more clearly and accurately so that a more realistic time for completion can be attained.
- Julia Alcock, Puerto Rico, Gran CanariaThursday, February 22, 2018Esther was very friendly and approachable. She was professional and answered any questions I asked. We would definitely use her again in the future.
- Tamara Malcolm, MallorcaTuesday, February 20, 2018Rosa was and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Her advice was excellent and i will definitely be using her expertise again in the future.
- Nick Nicolaou, OviedoTuesday, February 20, 2018Very Satisfied with Miguel's work. He was very helpful and we would definitely use his services again in the future.
- Gavin Jones, UKMonday, February 19, 2018It was a real pleasure to have Miguel working on my behalf to file my non-resident taxes. He was extremely helpful, gave reassuring advice and I had a high level of confidence in the transactions.
...Miguel is now acting as my fiscal representative in Spain and I plan to continue to use his firm's services for all my tax requirements.
- Martin Hickey, BenidormSunday, February 18, 2018Very friendly and knowledgeable and professional.
Juan explained the plus and the negatives on various subjects and allowed us to make up our own mind.
I have already recommended him to our fri...ends.
- Andrew Bullen, UKFriday, February 16, 2018Rosa was very professional at all times when dealing with me. Her English was second to none and she always kept me informed of progress via email promptly.
I wouldn't hesitate to use Rosa in the ...future for any legal issues I have.
- Tamara Reeves, AustraliaThursday, February 15, 2018Anna was very knowledgeable and had prior experience dealing with English clients. She spent a lot of time explaining information and I was never rushed.
I have continued to use Anna since my firs...t meeting as I trust her judgement and know that she will look after my best interests.