Minimum Valuations on Foreclosed Properties Increased
Article Published: 28 Feb, 2012, Updated: 30 Jun, 2019 under Mortgage Disputes
The National Council of Public Notaries in Spain has issued a circular to all practicing notaries to the effect that the new laws relating to foreclosures approved judicially should be extended to ‘non-judicial’ foreclosures. The new rules have a number of effects, the most important perhaps being that the minimum value that may be attributed to a foreclosed property is 60% of the assessed value instead of the previous 50%.
S0, where a property is being foreclosed via the non-judicial route – which happens where the parties to the mortgage have expressly agreed what should happen where there is a default on the mortgage repayments – the mortgagees will benefit from the same protection as those whose properties are being foreclosed via the courts.
To read the full story in Cinco Días in Spanish:
Los notarios ofrecerán las mismas garantías que un juez ante un embargo
And in English (via Google Translator):
Notaries set Minimum of 60% of Valuation on Foreclosed Properties
You may be interested in the following service...
"Provided a good professional service- no problems at all."
Elaine Sneddon (Feb 25, 2021)
Available in the following locations: .
* If your local town is not listed, a lawyer from our nearest office will be happy to assist you.
1Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.
Why choose Advocate Abroad?