Family Card (Community Card) in Portugal

Searching for Family Card (Community Card) in Portugal Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Portugal

How clients rate our Family Card (Community Card) Service...

Advocate Abroad seeks client feedback to ensure continued high-quality service provision.
Very good service!
03 Nov 2023

Service Details

Family Card (Community Card)

This service is available across Portugal

Who Is This Service For?

If your spouse/civil partner or simply partner* are Portuguese or are from an EU country living in Portugal and legally resident here, and you wish to join them you may also apply for residency as a family member of a Portuguese or EU citizen who are allowed to have residence in Portugal.

Dependant children under the age of 18 as well as dependant parents may also apply for a residency visa.

This can be a very interesting option for British citizens – post-Brexit – if you have access to an Irish or other EU passport, by virtue of having a parent or grandparent who was born in that country.

While the holder of the passport will have an automatic right to reside in Portugal – by virtue of their EU citizenship - their partner and dependant children can use this visa application process to also reside legally in Portugal. The visa also grants the right to work in Portugal.

* Family reunification is allowed in relation to a non-marital partner whether the partner is inside or outside national territory, provided that the relationship is recognised under the law (Regulation Decree Nº84/2007, November 5.

What Does This Service Consist Of?

  • An initial discussion with lawyers highly experienced in making successful applications for family reunification residency visas
  • Assistance and advice on the documentation required and completing the forms to ensure the application(s) is/are approved
  • Assistance upon arrival with obtaining foreign residency cards
  • Act as your Fiscal Representative in Portugal and obtain an NIF number on behalf of the applicant(s)
  • Accompany the applicant to the appointment with the relevant government department to collect the residency permits once approved
  • Advise and assist with your application for Non-Habitual Residency Status in Portugal which entitles you to tax-free foreign-sourced income for a limited period (Pension income taxed at 10%)
  • Assist with renewal of the visa after expiry of initial visa
  • Long-term assistance with all legal and tax related compliance matters in Portugal

Free Support Services Included

When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:

  • Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
  • Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
  • Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
  • Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
  • All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
  • Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
  • Continuous quality controls and reviews.

Why choose Advocate Abroad?