- Jose AntonioJose Antonio is a highly-experienced lawyer in the Alicante area of Spain. With offices in the centre of Alicante Capital, Jose-Antonio has offered expert legal advice for more than 10 years to English-speakers involved in Property transactions and contractual disputes as well as family law, inheritance and business formation.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Stephen Grundy, AlicanteThursday, February 01, 2018Jose-Antonio's services are exemplary. Very satisfied and would definitely use this lawyer again.
- Delphine Harrison, EnglandThursday, December 21, 2017Jose was excellent from my initial contact to the exchange of the contracts, always responding quickly to my emails even out of work hours, very professional and understanding.
Jose made the whole... experience stress free and quite enjoyable, I would highly recommend him for anybody needing legal advise or business abroad.
- JMB, AlicanteTuesday, December 19, 2017Jose-Antonio was very helpful, always happy to assist. I was very satisfied with the service and would definitely use this lawyer again.
- Eric Van Der Straeten, BelgiumFriday, November 17, 2017Mr. Sempere Gelardo was a pleasure to work with. This lawyer has an understanding of difficult matters that surpasses most of his colleagues.
He replied to my demand the next day and in fluent Engl...ish assisted me in the case I presented to him.
His professionalism, together with a lot of empathy, gave me a feeling of security. The results were of the same high standard.
I can only thank him and would recommend him to anybody who is in need of legal assistance in the region of Alicante.
- Dariush Mirzajani, ScotlandTuesday, September 12, 2017My solicitor was very honest and helpful. I am recommending him to my friends on their legal matters - everything was above my expectations.
- John Wedlake, Murro de Alcoi, SpainSunday, July 30, 2017Very satisfied with Jose-Antonio's service, in particular I appreciated the completely honest appraisal of the situation. Will definitely use this service again.
- Frode Rødøy, HoradadaFriday, July 14, 2017He was very good at explaining my position and my chances to win / not win the case. He gave me many good advises in the process. He explained how the legal system works in Spain and how I best could ...position myself in order to win the case.
The result of the case was an agreement outside the court where I got it exactly how I wanted. Perfect!
- D slocombe, SpainFriday, May 19, 2017Jose is very friendly and understanding. I am very satisfied and I would you use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Richard Anthony Poole, Johannesburg, South AfricaWednesday, May 03, 2017Very responsive, very understanding, value for money, has a great ability to explain and provide the appropriate legal solutions, very approachable and very professional in dealing me.
- Mike Hartley, United KingdomMonday, March 27, 2017Jose was extremely helpful, he couldn't have done more. I´m very Satisfied and I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future if I need it.
- Jmb, AlicanteMonday, February 27, 2017José is extremely helpful, couldn't have done more. I am satisfied with the service provided by my lawyer.
- Eric Ward, SolihullFriday, February 24, 2017José did more than I expected to help me in my situation.
He was, at all times, helpful, patient, tuned-in to my needs, polite and courteous. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others, in my... situation.
A good, understanding lawyer!
- Qiqin Wei, SpainThursday, February 16, 2017Jose was extremely helpful, couldn't have done more. I am very satisfied I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Louise Kirby, AlicanteWednesday, February 15, 2017Jose Antonio is a very dedicated lawyer. He ensures he has a deep understanding of the case and provides excellent advise on a range of issues.
He has often replied to queries out of hours and work...s hard to provide the best outcome for his clients.
His service is outstanding and I would highly recommend him.
- Alan and Ann, Denia and UKWednesday, February 01, 2017Very hard working and obliging. Always available for calls and emails from the UK. Over a very extended period Jose remained very focused, professional and friendly.
We'd have no hesitation in reco...mmending Jose Antonio to others.
As buyers from the UK we were very grateful for his guidance and professional expertise.
- Tony McHugh, Monte PegoThursday, January 12, 2017Jose was very helpful and kept us well informed and looked after our interests on the actual exchange day rather than being bullied by the vendors legal solicitor.
Considering it was all done from ...a distance and via email the transactions all went very smoothly thanks to Jose.
- Svein Skovly, NorwayFriday, January 06, 2017My wife and I are very pleased with the services we received when we acquired an apartment near Alicante.
We have also been assisted in resolving practical issues regarding the take over of our apa...rtment. We definitely see that we have received great value for money.
I definitely recommend José A., and we will seek his advise again if needed.
- Leigh Weatherell, KenyaTuesday, December 13, 2016Jose's professionalism, protectiveness and attention to detail is second to none.
- AS, DenmarkThursday, December 08, 2016Jose was very helpful, always happy to assist. I am very satisfied the service provided by my lawyer.
- Robert Ludlam, UKThursday, November 24, 2016Jose was very helpful and responded to my question by return. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Simon, EnglandFriday, October 28, 2016I have had many dealings with solicitors (lawyers) both in Spain and the UK
But I have never found one as easy to deal with that looks entirely after the interest of his client’s as Jose.
This ...is a considerable advantage if you are a non-Spanish speaking English man like I am. There is also a considerable advantage as most solicitors in Spain charge the same money so Jose is extremely good value.
- AD, AlicanteSaturday, October 15, 2016Jose gave me information on tax implications of different inheritance options, with forms, figures and useful advice for the future.
He was very friendly and approachable, I would you use the same ...lawyer again in the future.
- R Theobald, UKTuesday, October 11, 2016Jose was very helpful and couldn't have done more for us.The advise was good and very professional. He is very easy to deal with and we would highly recommend him.
- S & J Barron, EnglandWednesday, October 05, 2016Jose Antonio was very understanding and patient. I am very Satisfied, he couldn't have done more.
- CSA, AlicanteThursday, September 08, 2016Jose Antonio always got back to us promptly and was very good at explaining the legal terms so that we could fully grasp the implications of any Court processes.
He was pragmatic and although posit...ive, kept us informed of possible outcomes both positive and negative. This enabled us to make informed decisions at all times. At all times, I felt that Jose Antonio had confidence in his own ability and was fully competent, without being arrogant.
- James Archer, LondonSaturday, September 03, 2016We bought a flat near El Campello and Jose Antonio made it stress free and straightforward. I could not recommend him more highly. The whole process of purchasing a property in Spain was very clearly ...explained alongside different options we would have at each stage.
Jose Antonio always responded within a day and also prompted us when he needed information. He was always able to fit in around our schedule when we were in Spain for short visits. I thought the price was good value.
- John Walsh, GuardamarThursday, August 11, 2016Jose is excellent and gives a service that is first class and very professional. I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- AHJ, AlicanteMonday, March 07, 2016I found José personable, articulate and very helpful.
Almost all reasons for going to a lawyer are stressful but I found his manner and advice made the process of my divorce straightforward and wi...thout complications.
- Samuel Fee, UKMonday, February 29, 2016Jose was very attentive and explained everything in full.
After he attended the Notary he travelled from Denia to Moraira to help us with opening our bank account. He has also contacted Utility com...panies on our behalf and informed them of the change of ownership.
I will continue to use Jose for any future legal work I may have in Spain.
- Dariusz Wilamowski, UKTuesday, January 19, 2016Jose Antonio is very nice person. Very helpful,perfect spoken English. He knew exactly what to do - he is Profesional.
All was profesional and quick as possible. Would recommend his service to ever...yone.
The team in Alicante
We provide compassionate, thoughtful and knowledgeable legal advice to beneficiaries and those managing the probate administration process in Alicante. Should you need advice on how to deal with your estate or if you require assistance with administering an inheritance on behalf of beneficiaries, please do not hesitate to contact us for immediate assistance.
For those who are planning for the future we offer a comprehensive Wills drafting service so that you can ensure that your Spanish estate is dealt with in a tax efficient manner.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing those inheritance issues faced by non-resident beneficiaries, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result.
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Alicante.
This Probate Service is designed specifically with the English-speaking client in mind and makes provision for all possible situations.
The service includes the following features as well as continuous support from English-speaking lawyers:
- Assistance obtaining a legalised copy of the death certificate.
- Arrangement of a legal copy of any existing will.
- Verification of the existence of any life insurance policies.
- Power of Attorney to avoid excessive travel costs*
- Inheritance Acceptance Deed drawn-up with the public notary.
- Payment of Inheritance Tax at the office of Hacienda.
- New titles in the inherited assets are inscribed in the relevant registry**
- Simultaneous sale or disposal of assets if required (additional fee)
* Minor UK notary costs may apply
** Spanish government charges will apply
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.