- María JoséMaria-Jose read Law at the University of Alicante, and in 2004 became a member of The Law Society of Murcia. In 2005 she established her own law firm with offices in the centre of Murcia and has since then opened an office in Mazarron. Maria-Jose is the Secretary of the Civil Section in the Law Society of Murcia and is a leading member of the legal community in Murcia, Maria-Jose assists clients with property acquisitions and disposals as well as a full range of civil law matters such as inheritances and family law matters. She speaks English fluently
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- David Gough, Villamartin,Wednesday, October 18, 2017We found Carmen to be very approachable and professional - she guided us all the way through the process of buying our property always available to answer our many questions either by phone or email. ...
The cost of this service was very reasonable and after the sale was complete she then went on to complete our Spanish wills expertly guiding us through the Spanish inheritance laws.
We would not hesitate to use her services again in the future or to recommend her to friends.
- David Bird, EnglandThursday, September 21, 2017Our lawyer Carmen was absolutely fantastic in everything. Brilliant!
- Karl Deeter, IrelandMonday, July 31, 2017Carmen is responsive, able to answer complex questions and even collected the keys on a day when my flight was arriving too late for me to do it.
I was really impressed with her dedication to doin...g the job right and in a timely manner. Buying abroad comes with lots of questions and complexities, she guided me through them all with detailed information along the way.
I have dealt with many solicitors in different countries through the years of buying and selling property and she is amongst the best I have found anywhere.
- Terry Cheyne, TorreviejaSaturday, April 15, 2017Carmen was so helpful, best lawyer we have ever had. I would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Kate Foley, IrelandWednesday, April 05, 2017She always replied to queries promptly and was happy to work via email which was very convenient for me.
She was very thorough in translation of all legal documents and never rushed me to complete... anything without ensuring I was 100% happy with it.
- W Wakefield, EnglandWednesday, February 08, 2017The service was excellent. Carmen, the lawyer, was very approachable, helpful and explained the issues very clearly. First class.
- Stuart Hayter, DublinTuesday, February 07, 2017Carmen was very helpful, listened to what we wanted.
Carmen’s approach was friendly and informative, we have advised other people of Carmen and advised that they should seek advice & help from he...r practice, very good value for money.
Dealing with Carmen was very professional and a joy.
- Lorraine Booty, TorreviejaTuesday, September 13, 2016Carmen provided a very efficient and immediate service. We would definitely use the service again.
It is extremely important to make a Spanish will if you wish to be in control of what will happen to your Spanish estate after you have died and to be sure that your loved ones are adequately protected. We offer expert guidance to ensure that the legal formalities in creating and executing a valid will in Spain are adhered to.
Should you need to administer the estate of a deceased loved one, you can rely on our English-speaking solicitors to provide a comprehensive, compassionate and cost-effective probate service that will cover the entire inheritance process, from start to finish.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing those inheritance issues faced by non-resident beneficiaries, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Murcia.
This Probate Service is designed specifically with the English-speaking client in mind and makes provision for all possible situations. The service includes the following features as well as continuous support from English-speaking lawyers:
- Assistance obtaining a legalised copy of the death certificate.
- Arrangement of a legal copy of any existing will.
- Verification of the existence of any life insurance policies.
- Power of Attorney to avoid excessive travel costs
- Inheritance Acceptance Deed drawn-up with the public notary.
- Payment of Inheritance Tax at the office of Hacienda.
- New titles in the inherited assets are inscribed in the relevant registry
- Simultaneous sale or disposal of assets if required (please request quotation)
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.