- FranciscoWith over 10 years experience providing expert legal advice and representation to English-speaking clients Francisco is a seasoned professional whose primary focus is to ensure his clients' interests are protected. The following legal services are offered: Real Estate Conveyances, Contract law, Inheritance , Family Law, Tax & Fiscal Advice to Businesses.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Michael Bates, UKFriday, July 27, 2018Francisco was very easy to deal with. Very professional. Would not hesitate to recommend him to friends.
- KJB, United KingdomFriday, April 20, 2018Francisco was professional and efficient. Very good value for money.
- SD, FuengirolaTuesday, January 30, 2018Francisco was extremely helpful, professional and friendly. The service he provided was first class and I would thoroughly recommend him.
- DP, United StatesWednesday, January 03, 2018He has been very attentive, efficient, and always anticipates our needs in a timely manner. We enjoy working with him and look forward to other future business arrangements when needed.
- Jeremi Hazan, IsraelThursday, December 21, 2017Francisco is a good men and honest. Did the job perfect.
- Sarah Finnagan, EnglandThursday, September 21, 2017Francisco was fantastic and helped me through every single step and helping understanding everything.
Price was very reasonable i have no complaints at all.
Very easy to get hold of and very qu...ick at responding would definitely go back to him - thankyou so much Francisco for everything.
- Mr KJB, CordobaMonday, July 31, 2017Francisco is still finalising some business for us but we are happy to give feedback now. He has provided us with the highest level of legal advice and made the whole process relatively easy for us an...d without undue stress.
He was quick to respond and gave his advice in a very logical way and got to the point without fuss. His conversational and written English is first class!
He carried his authority very professionally especially when having to deal with some difficult people (not us!) and he was able to bring the matter to a successful conclusion within a few weeks as opposed to many months had we done it alone.
We could not have wished for a better lawyer to take us through a complicated process.
Thank you Francisco!
- Aziz Oudjida, Mijas FloresFriday, June 02, 2017We couldn't have hoped for better lawyer than Mr Francisco. He is always responsive, always available and approachable, with a remarkable ability to explain and provide legal solution. But more import...ant, he strikes me as a very good and genuine person, honest and very competent.
I can say without a doubt in my mind that Mr Francisco stand well above all these lawyers.
- JP, GermanyMonday, April 10, 2017Francisco was extremely helpful, couldn’t have done more. I am very satisfied and I definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
- Martin Petersen, FuengirolaThursday, March 30, 2017Francisco was extremely helpful. Very good value for money, and good at taking his time to understand my situation, and understanding my needs.
- Mrs. J.B., CordobaThursday, January 12, 2017Welcoming manner and kind comments about the fact. Extremely approachable.
Highly competent understanding of and patient explanations regarding my many questions.
Very fairly priced to do with t...he making of a Will.
- Mrs. Irene C Price, Acton TrussellWednesday, October 12, 2016It was a pleasure to deal with Francisco. He spoke excellent English. He was professional and courteous at all times, and responded to any queries I had by return, taking time to explain complicated l...egal procedure in a manner I could understand.
For the work Francisco did, his charges were good value for money. I would recommend his services without hesitation.
- Brian Thomas, PriegoSaturday, October 31, 2015A very fast response to my inquiry, Francisco has excellent English and gave us a very friendly and professional service that we feel was value for money. We do recommend him to our friends.
- HLB, SwitzerlandFriday, September 25, 2015Francisco was very helpful, always happy to assist. I would describe him as a very good lawyer. Always responsive.
- Michael Rieger-Goroncy, MunichMonday, August 10, 2015Our lawyer (Francisco) was very responsive. In a complex matter it needed some additional explanation via email until he fully understood what we were talking about, but then he understood the case an...d gave us very good and helpful advice.
In the end he recommended not to proceed with the case which we followed. It was absolutely good value for the money we paid.
- Mustafa Gural, La LineaMonday, August 03, 2015Francisco provided a service to me not just as a client but also as though he was helping a family member.
His friendliness, professionalism, sincerety and many more qualities is something I am yet... to find in a lawyer or any other professional. I can’t thank him enough for his excellent service.
- Eric Blair Russell, CanadaMonday, May 25, 2015My lawyer was efficient, professional and prompt – as well as being bilingual. I was very satisfied with his work and would be happy to use his service again in the future.
- Derek Mendonca, LondonTuesday, April 28, 2015I was very impressed with the service received, in particular:
Transparency, effective communication, professionalism and value for money.
I myself am a chartered accountant in the UK so I have ve...ry high standards from other professionals which I am glad to say were met by Francisco.
- Steven Sebili, NYTuesday, April 14, 2015Francisco was a real professional with an outstanding personality. He provided more assistance than I expected and my questions were answered in timely fashion. Thank you.
- Chris Clarke, CalahondaThursday, March 12, 2015My lawyer Francisco was very helpful.
We had some unanticipated problems and the lawyer gave extra to sort them out – he emailed, texted or phoned all the way until the end. Overall I was very sa...tisfied with the service provided
- M.D., Puerto BanusSaturday, October 18, 2014The solicitor provided was bilingual. He was extremely helpful and couldn’t have done more for me. The service provided was effective and he kept me up to date as to the progress.
- Keith & Sandra Brown, VillaviciosaThursday, August 07, 2014Our lawyer was friendly and helpful with a very good command of the English language.
Even payment for their services could be paid, by bank transfer, directly into their nominated bank account.
We would definitely use their services again whenever necessary.
Our friendly and approachable team will provide you with expert, practical and straightforward advice on how to manage your assets in Spain. Whether it is drafting mirror Wills to ensure that your loved one is looked after once you are gone or if you need to administer the estate of a deceased family member, we are on hand to provide you with compassionate legal support at a difficult time.
What are the benefits of making a Will in Spain?
Making a Will in Spain that deals with your Spanish assets ensures that your wishes regarding those assets are complied with and avoids the possibility that Spanish law would apply.
A Spanish Will avoids the need for time-consuming legalisation and translation of English documents that could delay payment of inheritance taxes and incur punitive fines. All of the above means that your heirs are able to manage the inherited estate at a lower cost and in a much more straight-forward manner.
What should be included in a Spanish will
In order to ensure that your Spanish Will is fit for purpose it should contain a number of clauses:
- The Will should clearly state that it only applies to Spanish assets and not any other.
- Likewise, Wills made in any other country should state that they refer to assets only in that country to avoid any potential confusion as to which Will applies to which assets.
- The Will should declare that the law of succession in your country of origin is governed by the principle of free and unfettered disposition of private property and assets.
The process for making a will in Spain
The process for making a Will is relatively straightforward:
- Discuss how you wish your assets to be distributed with a lawyer in Spain
- The lawyer will write the content of the Will in accordance with your wishes
- The Will is then formally drawn-up by a public notary,
- An appointment is made with the notary to sign the Will
- The notary will provide you with a copy and notify the central civil registy office of the existence of the Will.
What should you avoid?
You should avoid any Will-writing service that does not provide you with a professional draughtsman.
While there is relative freedom of disposition of assets in Anglo-Saxon legal systems, for a Spanish Will to be effective it must comply with Spanish procedure. This means that it will need to be drawn-up by a notary and should therefore be written in Spanish in order to avoid confusion.
An English-speaking lawyer will be able to advise you on this as well as more complex issues such as the validity of trusts in Spain which could cause problems in certain cases.
Would you like your will to be drawn-up in the most tax-friendly manner?
There are a number of ways that you can minimise the costs of an inheritance and these are incorporated into our Will-making service. The features of the service are as follows:
- You provide the lawyers with the details of the assets that you have in Spain as well as your wishes with regard to how they should be distributed.
- According to your wishes, your Will shall be drawn-up in such a way as to minimise any Succession tax liability in Spain.
- You will be provided with an estimate of the inheritance tax liability so that you can determine in advance whether the Will meets your requirements.
- The Will is drafted in both Spanish and English so that you can confirm that it conforms to your intentions
- The Will is drawn-up in the office of a public notary convenient to you.
- An appointment is made with the public notary to sign the Will and you will receive an official copy while another copy is sent to the central Wills registry in Madrid.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing Probate related issues faced by non-residents with assets in Spain, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Cordoba.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.