- CristinaCristina is an experienced, registered and regulated English-speaking lawyer in Ibiza who regularly provides expert legal advice to resident and non-resident clients involved in Property transactions, contractual disputes, inheritance matters, family law issues and intellectual property law.
Below is a list of recent client testimonials received from previous clients, obtained via Wufoo client survey platform:
- Delbecq, FranceFriday, August 03, 2018Cristina, is extremely professional, fast, responsive understand and explain well, she always found appropriate solutions and provide good advices.
She know how to deal and negotiate, and look self...-confident, and make you feel less stress, you can trust here.
The value for money is good, and she is up to date with technologies (mail/google app etc… very practical).
It was a pleasure and a great luck to found here and have here at my side for my case. For anything, i should need a lawyer she will be the one I’ll work with
- Neil Linter, LondonTuesday, July 24, 2018Cristina immediately understood our requirements and was essential in guiding us through a very tricky process.
- ESP, LondonWednesday, March 28, 2018Cristina was extremely helpful, she couldn't have done more. Her English is sufficient and I would definitely recommend her to friend.
- A & AC, Surrey, EnglandMonday, August 21, 2017We bought a house in Ibiza and Cristina showed immediately a high degree of professionalism and deep knowledge of the whole process - from the initial offer to the final completion of the purchase.
She also dealt on our behalf, with registering us with the utilities companies (Water, Electricity) and other things, for which we were really grateful.
Cristina is a lovely young lady, always ready to help and very polite and her written and spoken english is so very good that there were never any communication problems. Our queries were dealt with quickly and, when needed, she offered explanations, suggestions and alternatives.
All in all a very pleasant experience; we told her we wanted to retain her as our solicitor in Ibiza for any future needs and she readily accepted.
- YS, DubaiFriday, June 16, 2017Very Professional. Excellent attitude. Reasonable price. Good attention to details.
- Gillian Cook, UkSunday, May 07, 2017Cristina helped us with every aspect of a complicated house purchase.
Cristina was understanding, very responsive, she went out of her way to help us. She also often was available outside of normal w...orking hours. Nothing was too much trouble. The service was great value for money also.
I have recommended Cristina to others, and would happily do so again. Cristina has recently undertaken some further work for us. Excellent service.
- Sharon williams, LondonFriday, March 10, 2017Christina was very helpful and a good listener to what my worries and needs were.
She responded to what I needed very professionally and sufficiently. I will and shall be using Christina again if n...ecessary.
- LM, IbizaFriday, March 10, 2017Cristina was amazing and very helpful and i would highly recommend her services again. I am very satisfied and I definitely would use the same lawyer again in the future.
- CW, IbizaTuesday, November 22, 2016Very knowledgeable and supportive from the outset. Made to feel very comfortable and nothing was too much trouble. Very highly recommended.
- Laura Waites, UKTuesday, March 08, 2016Communication was fluid and time was always taken to clarify anything we needed. The process would have been quite stressful without the support and timely responses from Cristina.
I would highly r...ecommend to anyone buying a property in Spain.
- Brian Eastwood, IbizaMonday, March 07, 2016Extremely professional and able to convey everything perfectly in English. The service provided was very efficient, quick and friendly.
The rate quoted for the work was better than similar legal pr...actices in Santa Eularia del Rio and Ibiza town.
We have already recommended Cristina to several other people.
- Alan lewis, UKSunday, November 01, 2015Our lawyer was friendly, took trouble to understand our problems and charged a reasonable fee. The whole process was easy and efficient.
- Trevor Ralph, LondonFriday, October 30, 2015I thought Cristina was friendly, approachable and completely professional, whenever I had a question about what was happening she answered my call or e mail quickly and found a resolution. She has bee...n willing to assist me in all aspects of my purchase which has been really helpful to me coming from another country.
I would have no hesitation whatsoever to recommend her to anyone that needed a lawyer and I would most definitely use her again if I need a lawyer in Spain.
We provide a compassionate, efficient and cost-effective probate service to English-speakers across Ibiza.
We are English-speaking probate solicitors in Ibiza who can prepare your Will to deal with your Spanish assets in a tax-effecient manner; handle your loved one’s estate or represent your interests where you feel a Will or probate matter has not been handled properly.
What are the benefits of making a Will in Spain?
Making a Will in Spain that deals with your Spanish assets ensures that your wishes regarding those assets are complied with and avoids the possibility that Spanish law would apply.
A Spanish Will avoids the need for time-consuming legalisation and translation of English documents that could delay payment of inheritance taxes and incur punitive fines. All of the above means that your heirs are able to manage the inherited estate at a lower cost and in a much more straight-forward manner.
What should be included in a Spanish will
In order to ensure that your Spanish Will is fit for purpose it should contain a number of clauses:
- The Will should clearly state that it only applies to Spanish assets and not any other.
- Likewise, Wills made in any other country should state that they refer to assets only in that country to avoid any potential confusion as to which Will applies to which assets.
- The Will should declare that the law of succession in your country of origin is governed by the principle of free and unfettered disposition of private property and assets.
The process for making a will in Spain
The process for making a Will is relatively straightforward:
- Discuss how you wish your assets to be distributed with a lawyer in Spain
- The lawyer will write the content of the Will in accordance with your wishes
- The Will is then formally drawn-up by a public notary,
- An appointment is made with the notary to sign the Will
- The notary will provide you with a copy and notify the central civil registy office of the existence of the Will.
What should you avoid?
You should avoid any Will-writing service that does not provide you with a professional draughtsman.
While there is relative freedom of disposition of assets in Anglo-Saxon legal systems, for a Spanish Will to be effective it must comply with Spanish procedure. This means that it will need to be drawn-up by a notary and should therefore be written in Spanish in order to avoid confusion.
An English-speaking lawyer will be able to advise you on this as well as more complex issues such as the validity of trusts in Spain which could cause problems in certain cases.
Would you like your will to be drawn-up in the most tax-friendly manner?
There are a number of ways that you can minimise the costs of an inheritance and these are incorporated into our Will-making service. The features of the service are as follows:
- You provide the lawyers with the details of the assets that you have in Spain as well as your wishes with regard to how they should be distributed.
- According to your wishes, your Will shall be drawn-up in such a way as to minimise any Succession tax liability in Spain.
- You will be provided with an estimate of the inheritance tax liability so that you can determine in advance whether the Will meets your requirements.
- The Will is drafted in both Spanish and English so that you can confirm that it conforms to your intentions
- The Will is drawn-up in the office of a public notary convenient to you.
- An appointment is made with the public notary to sign the Will and you will receive an official copy while another copy is sent to the central Wills registry in Madrid.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing Probate related issues faced by non-residents with assets in Spain, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of the Balearic Islands.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.