- InmaculadaInmaculada is a senior partner in her law firm which has assisted individuals and corporations in the Valencia region for over 30 years. From offices in Valencia City and Castellón de la Plana, Inmaculada provides expert legal advice and assistance to English-speakers in Property matters, Contract Breaches/Debt Recovery, Family law and Business formation and bookkeeping service.
- RamonRamon speaks excellent English and over the last 10 years has provided expert legal advice and representation in the following areas: property conveyances, inheritance, family law, and business formation. His firm also provides accounting services to businesses in Spain.
- FranciscaFrancisca is a highly experienced lawyer with 15 years track record assisting English-speaking clients in a number of fields, including property law and has an impressive academic record including Masters Degrees in Family and Criminal Law. Francisca spent five years living in London and has maintained an extremely high level of English to this day.
- Alan W T Duguid, Montserrat, ValenciaWednesday, February 14, 2018Ramon was very helpful and answered my questions and explained the legal process that I was enquiring about.
I would liked to have seen a follow up email detailing what was discussed to ensure that... my understanding and recollection of the meeting was completely correct.
- Larry Karns, ValenciaWednesday, January 10, 2018Inma is a very approachable, open and knowledgeable professional.
She is available to meet with us on short notice, is attentive to our needs, answers each of our questions fully and provides appr...opriate legal solutions.
Inma is bilingual which has simplified communication and avoids misunderstandings. Her fees are definitely value for the money paid, and we will continue to seek her professional services.
- Kerry Bell, ValenciaFriday, October 20, 2017I was very satisfied were you with the service provided by Ramon. What I liked most was that you felt he was working hard to help you. Also very accessible.
- Inge Vets, BelgiumWednesday, September 06, 2017Ramon spoke English more or less fluently and was very helpful. We would definitely use his services again.
- PG, ValenciaMonday, July 31, 2017Very satisfied with the service provided by Inma. She was extremely helpful and spoke English more or less fluently. Would definitely contact her again if I need a lawyer in Valencia.
- S Watts, UKMonday, July 24, 2017
Inmaculada always responded promptly to all communications. Inma fully understood both my requirements and the relevant Spanish legal system. She offered good advice on...both general and specific areas of business.
Inma was clear about the potential costs involved in her services and I felt that these were great value for money. Extremely approachable and professional. I can not thank her enough.
- RL, IrelandWednesday, July 12, 2017My lawyer was responsive, had lots of information, and was able to meet at a location convenient for me.
- Claire Lane, UKTuesday, November 08, 2016Inma was very helpful, made everything so easy and very patient with all my questions as I am a worrier. Couldn’t have asked for better service.
- Chris, ValenciaMonday, November 07, 2016Very good communication by phone and email/whatsapp also.
Ramon listened and gave very useful advice and was very good value for money. He explained everything I needed to know and I trusted him wh...ich was key as other companies seemed to quote very high amounts probably because I don’t know the system here and can’t speak Spanish well enough.
- Sandra and Michael SewellSunday, November 29, 2015Our lawyer Ramon was fantastic …. Very understanding and encouraging … Helpful …….. Really informative and straight to the point.
- Mary Jo Carter-Codling, NYFriday, October 30, 2015Ramon was understanding and patient with maneuvering through the details to accomplish the task at hand. I was particularly impressed by his demeanor. I felt he really cared about me yet remained prof...essional.
I have not encountered an attorney in the states quite like him. He was able to provide a service at a price I could afford. He is someone I trust and I would highly recommend him. He is AAA+++.
- M Strachan, LondonMonday, July 06, 2015My lawyer was very helpful, always happy to assist and was bilingual. I was very satisfied with the service and would definitely use the same lawyer again in the future.
Beginning with the drafting of a straight-forward will to take care of your Spanish assets in the most efficient and economical manner to the management and transmission of inheritances in Spain – either with foreign or Spanish wills, or intestate, our specialist Probate solicitors guide our clients through the entire process.
What are the benefits of making a Will in Spain?
Making a Will in Spain that deals with your Spanish assets ensures that your wishes regarding those assets are complied with and avoids the possibility that Spanish law would apply.
A Spanish Will avoids the need for time-consuming legalisation and translation of English documents that could delay payment of inheritance taxes and incur punitive fines. All of the above means that your heirs are able to manage the inherited estate at a lower cost and in a much more straight-forward manner.
What should be included in a Spanish will
In order to ensure that your Spanish Will is fit for purpose it should contain a number of clauses:
- The Will should clearly state that it only applies to Spanish assets and not any other.
- Likewise, Wills made in any other country should state that they refer to assets only in that country to avoid any potential confusion as to which Will applies to which assets.
- The Will should declare that the law of succession in your country of origin is governed by the principle of free and unfettered disposition of private property and assets.
The process for making a will in Spain
The process for making a Will is relatively straightforward:
- Discuss how you wish your assets to be distributed with a lawyer in Spain
- The lawyer will write the content of the Will in accordance with your wishes
- The Will is then formally drawn-up by a public notary,
- An appointment is made with the notary to sign the Will
- The notary will provide you with a copy and notify the central civil registy office of the existence of the Will.
What should you avoid?
You should avoid any Will-writing service that does not provide you with a professional draughtsman.
While there is relative freedom of disposition of assets in Anglo-Saxon legal systems, for a Spanish Will to be effective it must comply with Spanish procedure. This means that it will need to be drawn-up by a notary and should therefore be written in Spanish in order to avoid confusion.
An English-speaking lawyer will be able to advise you on this as well as more complex issues such as the validity of trusts in Spain which could cause problems in certain cases.
Would you like your will to be drawn-up in the most tax-friendly manner?
There are a number of ways that you can minimise the costs of an inheritance and these are incorporated into our Will-making service. The features of the service are as follows:
- You provide the lawyers with the details of the assets that you have in Spain as well as your wishes with regard to how they should be distributed.
- According to your wishes, your Will shall be drawn-up in such a way as to minimise any Succession tax liability in Spain.
- You will be provided with an estimate of the inheritance tax liability so that you can determine in advance whether the Will meets your requirements.
- The Will is drafted in both Spanish and English so that you can confirm that it conforms to your intentions
- The Will is drawn-up in the office of a public notary convenient to you.
- An appointment is made with the public notary to sign the Will and you will receive an official copy while another copy is sent to the central Wills registry in Madrid.
Code of Reasonable Fees
While this law firm is particularly suitable for managing Probate related issues faced by non-residents with assets in Spain, clients will not face elevated charges or fees as a result. Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by the Law Society of Valencia.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers in Spain. These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Spanish Law Societies
- Legal fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Services levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All lawyers must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Lawyers’ proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.