Legal Guide to Buying Property In Spain
Move mouse over guide to reveal page navigation controls and to scroll down.
Recent Advocate Abroad lawyer reviews as added by clients directly to the Wufoo client survey platform:
- Peter & Anita Bradshaw, Leeds, EnglandMonday, June 18, 2018We could not be more happy with the service we received from Jaime.
He responded immediately to our enquiry and it was clear from the outset that he fully understood our position. It was vital tha...t Jaime acted quickly in this matter and he did so in a highly professional and competent manner, providing us with clear and concise updates throughout.
We found Jaime to be very polite and approachable and we believe his fees to be very reasonable. We would genuinely not hesitate to recommend his services.
Before contacting Jaime, our previous experiences of Spanish Lawyers had been appalling - in fact we needed Jaime's help to resolve issues which previous Lawyers had created. Our only regret is not finding Jaime sooner!
Thanks so much for all your help Jaime.
- Tracey and Mike Iliffe Bradley, Colchester, United KingdomTuesday, May 29, 2018From our very first contact through to the end of our purchase, Rosa surpassed all expectations.
She was helpful, efficient, always quick to return our communications and a pleasure to deal with. ...We have already recommended her services to a friend.
- Rl, AlicanteThursday, May 24, 2018Felt very comfortable at all times. Nothing was too much. Understood everything mentioned in our meeting. Very reasonable rate, money wise.
- Cian O'Grady, IrelandTuesday, May 15, 2018We bought a property in spain and Lidia assisted us through the buying process.
She was very professional and reassured us throughout the process.Her english was very good and we felt that we got ...good value for our money.
- PJU, Torun, PolandWednesday, May 09, 2018Béatriz responded quickly to any queries I raised, with easily comprehensible answers.
Her fee was very reasonable and she proved to be a very personable and approachable person when we finally m...et at the Notary.
- Geraldine King, IrelandMonday, May 07, 2018I was extremely happy with Pedro,and Ana. They were honest,and answered my queries promptly.
Pedro had to evict my squatter tenants, and then organised an estate agent to sell my apt. This agent un...dertook renovating the apt, and got me a good price.
Pedro and his brilliant co-worker Ana finalised the sale and I received the money into my account, without me ever setting a foot in Spain.(Power of attorney).
I will be recommending Pedro to friends, who are going to sell their apartment in Torrevieja. I highly recommend him.
- George Salib, LondonMonday, April 23, 2018Jose Antonio was very professional and has assisted me in every step of the purchase of my flat in Alicante.
He also assisted me by advising of the most suitable area according to my needs. His com...mitment and dedication is excellent.
Jose Antonio was very easy to approach and happy to help in any way he can.
I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
- Duncan Martin, Wolverhampton, EnglandFriday, April 20, 2018Lidia, was extremely helpful and patient throughout the process.
She was very attentive and responsive and explained everything in detail.
Lidia represents excellent value for money and the so...lutions she recommended were very beneficial, especially as you hear and read about a lot of horror stories on the web.
Lidia was the best legal representative i have employed and i will always use her where Spanish legal affairs are concerned.
- Pernilla, LondonFriday, April 13, 2018We had excellent service from Esther at Advocate Abroad when buying a property in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
Esther speaks both Spanish and English, and is very friendly, professional and genuine. ...She took care of the whole purchasing process and explained all the steps for us, including giving advice on Spanish bank account, NIE numbers etc.
We are very pleased with all the help we have received and can highly recommend Esther. Thank you so much!
- L Marshall, LondonWednesday, March 28, 2018Rosa was excellent. Very efficient and professional.
Responsive and always available. Extremely helpful - we did not understand the process and she guided us through.
We would not hesitate to ...recommend her.
- Robert Scott, UKWednesday, March 07, 2018First class service. Rosa's professionalism, advice and patience were all exemplary! Keep up the good work. Will certainly recommend the service to friends!
- M Pearce, MarbellaMonday, March 05, 2018Miguel was extremely helpful, he couldn't have done more:
Always kept us updated on the progress of our purchase
Always responded to emails in a professional and timely manner
Always explained to... our understanding all aspects of the legalities about the purchase
Very approachable,courteous and professional
So much better to deal with than UK property lawyers!
- Andrew Bullen, UKFriday, February 16, 2018Rosa was very professional at all times when dealing with me. Her English was second to none and she always kept me informed of progress via email promptly.
I wouldn't hesitate to use Rosa in the ...future for any legal issues I have.
- Tamara Reeves, AustraliaThursday, February 15, 2018Anna was very knowledgeable and had prior experience dealing with English clients. She spent a lot of time explaining information and I was never rushed.
I have continued to use Anna since my firs...t meeting as I trust her judgement and know that she will look after my best interests.
- Lisa Jones, UKThursday, January 25, 2018Kristina was extremely helpful throughout the process of buying my property in Spain. She was very easy to reach at all times and very professional. I would highly recommend Kristina to anyone buying ...a property in the area.
- Jackie Acres, UKThursday, January 25, 2018Miguel is fantastic, his English is superb. He responds clearly and concisely and always quickly too.
He is helpful and approachable and has always answered all my questions very thoroughly. He’...s very polite and an absolute pleasure to deal with.
I hope he never retires!
- Yuka Mizota Lockey, Kent, UkMonday, January 22, 2018Olga responded promptly and efficiently. She was accommodating in terms of arranging meetings. She was really knowledgeable, diplomatic when dealing with our estate agents and was dedicated to our int...erests.
All my family found Olga very approachable, professional and we were grateful to have someone who could explain and guide us through a process that is foreign to us.
- Norman McElroy, Northern IrelandThursday, January 18, 2018Erardo was very professional, always available and most courteous in all the dealings I had with him. I would be happy to recommend Erardo to anyone.
- Gearóid Foyle, LondonFriday, January 12, 2018Emma was bilingual, helpful and always happy to assist. In particular, I appreciated her approachability and understanding. I would definitely use her services again.
- Larry Karns, ValenciaWednesday, January 10, 2018Inma is a very approachable, open and knowledgeable professional.
She is available to meet with us on short notice, is attentive to our needs, answers each of our questions fully and provides appr...opriate legal solutions.
Inma is bilingual which has simplified communication and avoids misunderstandings. Her fees are definitely value for the money paid, and we will continue to seek her professional services.
- DP, United StatesWednesday, January 03, 2018He has been very attentive, efficient, and always anticipates our needs in a timely manner. We enjoy working with him and look forward to other future business arrangements when needed.
- Delphine Harrison, EnglandThursday, December 21, 2017Jose was excellent from my initial contact to the exchange of the contracts, always responding quickly to my emails even out of work hours, very professional and understanding.
Jose made the whole... experience stress free and quite enjoyable, I would highly recommend him for anybody needing legal advise or business abroad.
- Tim Burley, MallorcaFriday, December 15, 2017A very strange phenomenon with lawyers in Spain - she was working for me rather than just trying to line her own pockets!
- Theo Kleynhans, Castellón de la PlanaTuesday, December 05, 2017I always felt safe with Lidia. She knows what she is doing and was extremely professional and helpful.
I think she was priced perfectly and I believe that she always understood me. I will recommen...d her with ease. She will remain my spanish Lawyer.
- YB & CB, ScotlandThursday, November 30, 2017Our lawyer Rossana has really looked after our interests in the most comprehensive way possible.
As novice property purchasers in a foreign land, she has done everything (including things we could... not imagine as necessary due to our ignorance of local laws, customs & practices) to keep us free from unforseen trouble!
We have been impressed to such a degree and now have so much confidence in Rossana that we have arranged for her to have ongoing Powers of Attorney, so that she may represent our interests in our absence. She is a most impressive lady!
I have not the slightest hesitation in recommending her, based on our direct experiences.
- Nigel Griffiths, UKWednesday, November 29, 2017My situation was complicated because the correct documentation was not done at the time of sale....
Rosa contacted the purchaser and arranged to receive all the information required to submit to th...e Spanish authorities.
Without Rosa, whose understanding of English (which was perfect),I would have had serious problems.We were kept informed at all stages of the process, by phone and e-mail.
I cannot recommend Rosa to highly,...she was fantastic.
Thank you Rosa.
- Arthur & Patricia Chamberlain, Palma de MallorcaFriday, November 17, 2017Rosa understood what we wanted and carried out our instructions very professionally. Gave us confidence in her abilities.
- Jane Armstrong, Playa Flamenca, SpainWednesday, November 15, 2017Carmen was efficient and professional at all times. Always available to help and advise. Would definitely recommend.
- Bruce Moore, United KingdomTuesday, October 31, 2017Complete confidence and removed any hassle from the process. Even better was the willingness to provide follow up support and guidance. A great service!
- Graham & Josephine Flinders, UKThursday, October 26, 2017Rosa is a excellent lawyer and a extremely nice person, very efficient and helped us though the sale of our apartment.
It all went very smoothly and it was mostly down to Rosa who dealt with anyth...ing that came up in a very professional manner. Rosa explained all what was happening in English and always returned our calls with any answers to our questions.
Her fees are very very reasonable and we felt we got real value for money, we cannot recommend Rosa enough.she is a throughy nice approachable person.We would not hesitate using Rosa again and have recommended her to other people in majorca.
Why Choose Advocate Abroad?
The independent lawyers and law firms who are members of the Advocate Abroad® network in Spain represent the perfect mix of Experience, Value for Money and Proficiency in English.
When you contract a lawyer on the Advocate Abroad® network you will also benefit from a number of guarantees you would not otherwise receive, specifically that:
1. Your lawyer will speak a high level of English,
2. Your lawyer will be registered and regulated by the relevant Spanish Law Society,
3. Your lawyer will be covered by professional indemnity insurance,
4. You will receive an up-front, detailed quotation that sets-out the legal services you will receive and the lawyer’s fees,
Obtaining these guarantees costs you absolutely nothing and all quotations provided by lawyers on the Advocate Abroad® network are guaranteed to be extremely competitive!
Lawyers Officially Regulated by Spanish Law Societies
All of the lawyers on the Advocate Abroad network are registered and regulated by their local Law Society and are consequently covered by professional indemnity insurance coverage.
When you contact Advocate Abroad® you will receive the lawyer’s Licence number which you can keep and check at any time with the local Law Society to ensure it is valid. The fact that your lawyer is registered also provides you with proof that they have not been subject to any serious disciplinary procedures. Therefore, in the unlikely event of any negligent acts on the part of your lawyer, you will be able to seek redress via that lawyer’s Law Society Ethics Committee.
This information can be validated by checking with ‘Red Abogacia‘ , an independent electronic portal developed by the General Council of Spanish Law Societies and which is the most up-to-date register of practising lawyers in Spain.
How We Ensure Lawyers’ Levels of English
While our administrators speak English and Spanish fluently it is of utmost importance that the individual lawyers are able to communicate well in English.
Accordingly our administrators interview each lawyer at length before being admitted to our network so that we can personally gauge their level of English and suitability for the provision of legal services in English. We also give priority to lawyers holding language certification demonstrating a high-level of competency in English.
Providing A National Service
The Advocate Abroad® network of lawyers, tax, labour and human resources experts can be found in most major population centres as well as smaller urban centres in the major Mediterranean coastal resort areas including the Balearic and Canary Islands.
So, if you…
1) Are reassured when your lawyer is registered and regulated by their local Law Society
2) Want your lawyer to speak very good English,
3) Wish to control legal costs with an up-front, legally-guaranteed fee proposal,
4) Would like to know in advance exactly which services you will be guaranteed to receive,
5) Are relaxed in the knowledge that your lawyer is covered by professional indemnity insurance,
… then Advocate Abroad should be your first call when dealing with legal matters in Spain.
It’s Easy To Get in Touch with Advocate Abroad
45 offices in Spain – a single point of contact – it couldn’t be easier! Just call our central office (UK and Spanish access numbers on the right of this page) or use the email form (also on this page) and get speaking to an English-speaking lawyer in Spain today. We look forward to hearing from you!