While applying for a permit it is mandatory that at least five Turkish citizens are already employed at the workplace. If the applicant requesting a permit is a company partner, the employment requirement for five persons is required for the last six months of the one-year work permit to be given by the Ministry. If a work permit is requested for more than one applicant at the same workplace, the requirement of five Turkish citizens to be employed will be sought.
The paid-in capital of the workplace must be at least 100,000 TL or its gross sales must be at least 800,000 TL or the last year's export amount must be at least 250,000 USD.
However, this shall not be applied for permit requests by applicants who will work in associations and foundations, nor shall the above requirements be applied in the evaluation of work permit applications of applicants who will work in the Turkish representations of foreign state airlines, education sector and domestic services.
The foreign partner of the company requesting permission must have at least 20 % of the capital, which shall not be less than 40,000 TL.
The amount of monthly wage declared to be paid to the applicant by the employer must be at a level compatible with the foreigner's duty and competence. Accordingly, taking into account the minimum wage in force as of the date of application, the minimum wage to be paid to the applicant:
- 6.5 times the minimum wage for senior managers and pilots,
- 4 times the minimum wage for unit or branch managers, engineers and architects,
- 3 times the minimum wage for teachers and those who will work in jobs that require expertise and mastery,
- At least the minimum wage for foreigners to be employed in domestic services, 1.5 times the minimum wage for foreigners who will work in other professions,
Foreigners who will work in tourism-animation organization companies as acrobats and similar titles and foreigners who will work in jobs such as masseurs, masseuses and SPA therapists must be twice the minimum wage.
Note, that applicants in the following situations are not subject to the above requirements:
- Applicants whose mother, father or child are Turkish citizens,
- Applicants who have lived in marriage union with a Turkish citizen for at least three years,Applicants who are citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,
- Applicants who have been granted a residence permit within the framework of Turkish and related communities practices,
- Applicants who have been granted a residence permit within the framework of humanitarian considerations,
- Applicants that are granted a residence permit as a result of being a victim of human trafficking