Contested Will in Almeria region
- Juan IgnacioGraduated from the university of Almería in 2011, including one year spent in the European University of Viadrina in Frankfur Oder (Germany). Having studied to be judge he later transferred to open his own law firm in 2012. Over the last 5 years he has specialised in Civil law - specifically property law and mortgages, road traffic accident claims and insurance law.
Testimonials for Juan Ignacio
- Gordon Phillips, Vera
Juan always responded promptly and explained clearly with regular updates, we found him invaluable in solving our problem and he did so within a very quick timescale.
No improvements necessary. Doing a great job, thank you.Feb 28, 2019
- Andrew Morecroft, Lubrin
Juan was extremely helpful during every part of the purchase. As I was buying an older property there were slight complications but Juan explained every issue and managed to work through the difficulties with supreme efficiency.
Also there was a ridiculous situation with my Spanish bank account where I could not access the money even though it was in the account. Thankfully I had given Juan power of attorney and he managed to sort-out the problem.
He went above and beyond the call of duty and I am very grateful for all his help. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking to buy in the Almeria region.Oct 15, 2018
- John Fraser Dunfield, San Francisco
Good understanding. Applied sufficient pressure as needed to get the issue resolved. Reasonable charge for service provided. Would definitely recommend this service to friends.Oct 12, 2018
- Patrick Crean, Almerimar
Juan was fantastic. Very easy to understand and very pleasant. I would definitely use his service again.Jul 05, 2018
- Colin Stuart Farmer, UK
Juan Ignacio met me in Almeria and with skill and persistence was able to deal with the eviction of a non paying tenant in a very short time, and avoided long and drawn out court processes.(The time factor was important because after gaining access it became apparent that the occupant was rapidly trashing the place.).
At all times he maintained personal contact with continuous updates during the process.
A great bloke, great job done and good value.
Hopefully he can do the same for when I sell the place.Dec 15, 2017
Who is this Service for?
Contesting a Will can be fraught with difficulty - not to mention emotion - given that an individual may likely be asserting a right to inherit against another family member. The ability to contest a Will depends very much on the circumstances of the case and the applicable law.
This becomes more complex once again when considered in an international context. There may be conflicting jurisprudence as to which laws apply, nevermind what those laws actually state. Often the grounds for varying a Will would relate to undue influence on the intestator by a beneficiary named in the Will though in European jurisdictions, a child of the deceased may have a right to a portion of the estate in a system known as forced heirs, and any failure to inherit the minimum portion assigned by law, could give rise to a right to contest the Will.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial consultation with a specialist lawyer to determine your rights under national and/or international law to contest a Will
- Communication with other interested parties and relevant authorities on your behalf to have the terms of the Will changed
- Representation in legal proceedings where required to ensure a variation of the terms of the Will and the registration of rightful interests in the estate
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.