VAT in Cyprus
Sara started her accountancy career with Deloitte and continued with the firm post qualification to take responsibility for dealing with both local and international clients in sectors including shipping, trading and retailing, manufacturing, financing and investment companies. Sara now advises individuals and companies on matters of incorporation, taxation as well as mergers and acquisitions. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC).
Savvas left Deloitte in 2019 at the level of Director. He has now established his own accounting firm, which has three Partners. He holds a BA (Hons) degree in Accounting and Finance and he is a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC). He joined Deloitte in 2005 after he finished his studies in the UK. Savvas was a member of the IFRS Consultation Centre of Deloitte Cyprus and specialized in the audit of large local and international companies in the following industries; Shipping, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Hotel, Investment Holdings, etc. Savvas gained extensive experience in taxation and consultation of business including financial advisory.
Who is this Service for?
Understanding local VAT rules and what actions need to be taken to ensure compliance are critical for businesses involved in providing services and products to other businesses and consumers resident in foreign countries. National tax enforcement authorities tend to be zealous in relation to VAT compliance and infractions can prove extremely costly and disruptive.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial discussion to determine your particular situation
- If you have received notification of an infringement, the tax lawyer will consider your legal options and best outcomes. Upon agreement, the lawyer will then represent you before national tribunals
- If you need to understand how the local VAT rules and regulations would impact you and a proposed business plan, a report will be compiled. A follow-up meeting is generally arranged to deal with questions that arise as a result of the content of the report.
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.