Property Purchase in CyprusSearching for Property Purchase in Cyprus Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Cyprus
How clients rate our Property Purchase Service...
26 Jul 2022
This service is available across Cyprus
Who Is This Service For?
Expats and Foreign Nationals: Many people from English-speaking countries live in Cyprus or buy property here. They often prefer services in English to navigate the legal system effectively.
Investors: International investors, particularly those from English-speaking countries, who are involved in buying or selling property in Cyprus would benefit from conveyancing services in English. This helps them understand legal terms and implications clearly.
Real Estate Companies: Real estate companies dealing with international clients often require English-speaking legal services to facilitate transactions and communicate more effectively.
Retirees: Cyprus is a popular retirement destination for individuals from English-speaking countries. English-speaking legal services would be crucial for them, especially when dealing with property matters.
Businesses: Companies, particularly those from English-speaking regions, setting up operations or acquiring properties in Cyprus would find English-speaking conveyancing services beneficial for smoother transactions.
Tourists and Second-Home Owners: Those who purchase holiday homes or invest in property in Cyprus but are not fluent in the local language would greatly benefit from legal services in English.
- There are no nationality restrictions for property buyers in Cyprus, making it accessible for English speakers from various countries.
- However, non-EU citizens must obtain permission from the Council of Ministers to buy property, which is typically a formality.
- You must be of legal age and capable of entering into a contract.
- If you are from a non-EU country, you might also need to consider visa requirements for staying in Cyprus.
- Property Selection: Identifying and selecting a suitable property.
- Legal Checks: Conducting legal checks to ensure the property is free from encumbrances and legal issues.
- Contract Drafting: Preparing and reviewing the sale contract.
- Deposit Payment: Paying a reservation fee to secure the property.
- Contract Signing: Signing the contract and paying the agreed amount.
- Application for Permission: Non-EU citizens must apply for permission to buy the property.
- Transfer of Title Deeds: Transferring the title deeds to the buyer’s name once permission is granted and the balance is paid.
Benefits of this Service
- Legal security,
- Understanding of the local property market,
- Assistance in navigating language barriers, and
- Ensuring compliance with Cypriot laws.
- Ultimately, our clients gain peace of mind knowing that their property purchase is legally sound and their rights are protected.
- Initial Consultation: Understanding the client’s needs and preferences.
- Property Search Assistance: Helping locate properties that meet the client’s criteria.
- Legal Due Diligence: Ensuring the property has no legal issues or outstanding debts.
- Contract Review and Negotiation: Reviewing and negotiating contract terms to protect the client’s interests.
- Assistance with Financial Transactions: Guiding clients through the payment process.
- Representation in Administrative Procedures: Representing the client in all required legal and administrative steps.
- Post-purchase Support: Providing assistance with post-purchase matters like utilities setup and local registrations.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.