Citizenship Application in CyprusSearching for Citizenship Application in Cyprus Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Cyprus
This service is available across Cyprus
Who Is This Service For?
- Anyone who does not have the right to reside in Cyprus, such as non-EU Citizens, and even those who may reside here legally - such as EU citizens - may think it preferable to make an application for citizenship.
- Citizenship confers the right on the holder to reside and work – not just in Cyprus - but in any EU country. Also, citizens have the right to vote as well as the plethora of rights typically conferred on citizens of a country.
- You may apply if you find yourself in any of these groups:
- You were born in Cyprus to Cypriot mother or father
- You were born abroad and one of your parents is Cypriot
- You are not Cypriot, but you have lived in Cyprus legally for a minimum of 7 years
- You are married to a Cypriot spouse, and you live in Cyprus together for minimum 4 years
- It is unnecessary for children of a Cypriot man to go through the citizenship process if they can prove their heritage by producing the appropriate birth-certificates.
- Also, Cyprus permits dual-citizenship, so it is unnecessary to forgo your existing citizenship.
- Please note that there do exist some special rules and limitations so you should discuss the matter with an immigration lawyer to make sure you are eligible
- Legal Framework: Applications for Cypriot citizenship fall under the purview of specific Cypriot legislation, including the Civil Registry Laws of 2002-2013, and the Regulations regarding the Naturalization of Investors in Cyprus by Exception, which outline the legal basis for acquiring citizenship either by descent, marriage, or naturalization based on years of residence.
- Documentation: All applications must be accompanied by documents duly authenticated, either with the Apostille stamp for countries part of the Hague Convention or through verification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Cypriot diplomatic mission in the country of origin.
Process: Our Approach
- Initial Consultation: Understanding your eligibility and gathering necessary documents in compliance with Cypriot law.
- Application Submission: Guiding you through the preparation and submission of your citizenship application, ensuring adherence to legal requirements.
- Investment Advice: If applicable, providing assistance in finding secure investment opportunities in Cyprus that meet the government's criteria for citizenship by investment.
- Legal Support: Offering ongoing legal assistance as a new EU citizen, including dealings with government authorities and banking services.
Benefits - Why Choose Our Service
- Expertise in Cypriot Law: Our deep understanding of the laws governing citizenship applications ensures a smooth and efficient process.
- Comprehensive Legal Support: From the initial application to post-citizenship activities, we provide full-spectrum legal assistance.
- Direct Liaison with Authorities: We navigate the bureaucratic landscape on your behalf, ensuring clear and direct communication with all relevant government bodies.
- Tailored to Expats: Our services are specifically designed for expats, offering clarity and simplicity in navigating the complexities of Cypriot citizenship.
Key Elements of this Service
- Adherence to Legal Standards: Ensuring all applications meet the rigorous standards set by Cypriot citizenship laws.
- Bespoke Legal Assistance: Personalized services catering to the unique circumstances of each applicant.
- Expert advice in English: Our local experts are fluent in English and help clients to overcome any language barrier when dealing with local authorities
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.