Professional Liability Claims in Porto
Offices: PortoPedro graduated from the Lisbon Law school in 1988 and was later admitted as a member of the Portuguese Bar Association (Ordem dos Advogados) in 1992. He has acted as legal counsel for large contracting companies since 1990, including SOMAGUE SA, and later as legal counsel for one of the largest insurance companies in Portugal. From 2005 onwards Pedro was appointed as Legal Director of Transdev/Metro do Porto.Views Services Available in our Porto Office
Professional Liability Claims
Who is this Service for?
In general a claim may arise where loss, damage or injury has been suffered as a result of an action – or failure to act – by a professional providing a service to the person who has suffered the loss, damage or injury.
What does this service consist of?
- Initial assessment by a specialist lawyer of the circumstances of the case to determine if an action for damages may be taken
- Undertake negotiations with the negligent party and/or their legal representatives
- Agree an amicable resolution with the payment of damages or initiate legal proceedings
Code of Reasonable Fees
Our clients can expect to receive a quotation that is at or below the recommended guideline prices by our local Professional Body.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your lawyer.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.