Recognition of Foreign Divorces in CroatiaSearching for Recognition of Foreign Divorces in Croatia Service? Customer reviews to help you select from the best, most experienced Lawyers in Croatia
Recognition of Foreign Divorces
This service is available across Croatia
Who Is This Service For?
- This service is designed for situations where individuals who have been divorced outside Croatia and there is a requirement to have their divorce recognised officially within the legal system of Croatia.
- This can be required in order to remarry in Croatia following a prior divorce in another country, or to enforce child support arrangements against a person living in Croatia, and the child maintenance arrangements were stipulated in the divorce hearing that took place in another country.
There are 2 main scenarios:
- EU Divorces: If your divorce decree is from a court within the European Union, it is directly valid in Croatia thanks to the 2012 Regulation that eliminated the former bureaucratic exequatur procedure.
- Non-EU Divorces: For divorces from non-EU countries, an exequatur procedure is necessary, requiring an analysis of any international treaty between Croatia and the non-EU country followed by initiating the exequatur procedure as per Law 29/2015 if there's no agreement/treaty.
There are 3 steps:
- Analysis: The first step is to analyse the international agreements or treaties between Croatia and the country where the divorce was granted.
- Exequatur Procedure: If there's no agreement, the exequatur procedure is initiated to recognize the validity of the foreign divorce.
- Submission of Documents: Submitting a legalised or apostilled original copy of the foreign divorce decree along with a sworn translation if it's not written in the official language of Croatia.
The benefits to clients of this procedure are as follows:
- Legal Recognition: Achieve legal recognition of your foreign divorce in Croatia.
- Child Support and Custody: Ensure that child support and custody arrangements made abroad are recognized and enforced in Croatia.
- Avoidance of Legal Complications: Avoid potential legal complications regarding your marital status in Croatia.
What Does This Service Consist Of?
This comprehensive service aims to alleviate the challenges individuals face when seeking to have a foreign divorce recognised in Croatia, ensuring a smoother transition for them legally.
- Consultation: A detailed and personalized consultation to understand your specific situation.
- Document Preparation: Preparing and submitting all necessary documents for the recognition of your foreign divorce.
- Representation in Court: Representing you in court to ensure the successful recognition of your foreign divorce.
- Follow-up Services: Offering follow-up services to address any further legal needs you might have.
Free Support Services Included
When combined with the free and innovative Advocate Abroad support services you can be sure that you are obtaining completely transparent legal services from registered and regulated English-speaking lawyers abroad.These support services include:
- Verification of the regulatory status of your professional.
- Fees as recommended by the Local Professional Body
- Fees specified in advance and legally guaranteed.
- Service levels agreed in advance and guaranteed.
- All professionals must hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Professionals' proficiency in English monitored.
- Continuous quality controls and reviews.